I do this regularly, but recently I received a comment that the guidelines were still too vague.
I need to stress that this is by intent. If we make guidelines like “You can only have 3 external links” then people will find ways to exploit that. However I do not think that guidelines are perfect. Which is why I’m proposing a minor update to them to address the following concerns:
- Overall tense of guidelines made consistent
- Update introduction for readability and unpack what we mean by keeping email updated
- Explain the converse of 3
- Put the important part of 5 on top
- Add link to forum guidelines to 9
- Add prohibition against harassment to anyone in WP
- Clarify self-dismissible alerts are acceptable in 11
- Changed tense of 12 and 13 to emphasize their importance
- Grammar fix for title of 15
- Fix reference to zips in 16 (upload now vs link to)
- Reword title of 17 to explain that PLUGINS must honor…
- Guideline 18 has received a full rewrite to clarify what rights we reserve and reiterate our promise to do this as fairly as possible.
You can see all the changes proposed here on GitHub
Please read the guidelines and leave comments or pull requests on Github GitHub is a website that offers online implementation of git repositories that can easily be shared, copied and modified by other developers. Public repositories are free to host, private repositories require a paid subscription. GitHub introduced the concept of the ‘pull request’ where code changes done in branches by contributors can be reviewed and discussed before being merged be the repository owner. https://github.com/. The plan is to make these live in January 2018 so please jump in and help! Thanks.