As discussed in our August 9 chat, now that we are an official core Core is the set of software required to run WordPress. The Core Development Team builds WordPress. team, it’s time to vote for (at least) two Team Reps!
Full details on the Team Rep role are available here. The main functions of the Team Reps are to:
- Serve as representatives of the Team to the rest of the WordPress project
- Ensure that issues raised within the Team that could affect other teams as well as the broader WordPress project are communicated as needed
- Assist with coordinating any necessary cross-team efforts
- (Ideally) Post a weekly update on the Team’s work to https://make.wordpress.org/updates/
- Share a quarterly update on the Team’s work (including priorities, challenges, and big wins) with WordPress project leadership
Historically, Team Reps have served for a year, though that is not a hard and fast rule.
We’ll follow the election process outlined here (hat tip @jeffpaul):
- In the comments of this post, share your nomination(s). Self-nominations are welcome.
- Nominations will close on Friday, September 9, 2022 (one month from today)
- Once the deadline has passed for nominating, a comment will be added and pinned to the top of this nominations post: Nominations are now closed and voting is open until <voting deadline>. Voting details and link here: https://make.wordpress.org/performance/<voting-link>/
- After nominations have ended, a poll for voting will be opened and linked from a voting announcement post that will be shared on https://make.wordpress.org/performance/ by Friday, September 16, 2022
- Voting will stay open for two weeks and will end on Friday, September 30, 2022
- Once the deadline has passed for voting, a comment will be added and pinned to the top of the voting announcement post: Voting has concluded and the new Team Reps will be announced on October 4 during the weekly performance chat.
- Once the results have been finalized and announced in the October 4 chat, a new post announcing the selected Team Reps will be added on https://make.wordpress.org/performance/
- A comment will be added and pinned to the top of the voting announcement post: Selected Core Performance Team reps are announced here: https://make.wordpress.org/performance/<results-link>
- @shetheliving will work to update the Team Reps page with the new reps
Please share your nomination(s) for Core Performance Team Reps in the comments of this post by Friday, September 9, 2022.
👋 Welcome to the Core Core is the set of software required to run WordPress. The Core Development Team builds WordPress. Performance Team blog!
Because our work is so integrated with WordPress core, plugins, and themes, our blog posts are typically shared on those blogs instead of being posted here.
You can view all performance-related blog posts – including core feature and merge proposals, weekly chat agenda and meeting notes, and other discussions – by checking out our tags on those other blogs: