As mentioned in a few recent Core Core is the set of software required to run WordPress. The Core Development Team builds WordPress. Performance Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. meetings, unfortunately I’ve been unavailable to run team meetings and participate in the Core Performance Team’s work due to other project commitments. Unfortunately, these commitments are going to continue, and therefore at this time I am resigning from the Performance Team Rep A Team Rep is a person who represents the Make WordPress team to the rest of the project, make sure issues are raised and addressed as needed, and coordinates cross-team efforts. position.
It’s truly been a privilege getting to work with this team for the last year, and to see our work continue to expand and deepen to address the crucial issue of performance in WordPress. I look forward to continuing to watch the team’s work and seeing all of the great things to come!
Given my resignation, we are now opening a vote for a second Performance Team Rep to support @flixos90. As a reminder, full details on the Team Rep role are available here. The main functions of the Team Reps are to:
- Serve as representatives of the Team to the rest of the WordPress project
- Ensure that issues raised within the Team that could affect other teams as well as the broader WordPress project are communicated as needed
- Assist with coordinating any necessary cross-team efforts
- (Ideally) Post a weekly update on the Team’s work to https://make.wordpress.org/updates/
- Share a quarterly update on the Team’s work (including priorities, challenges, and big wins) with WordPress project leadership
Historically, Team Reps have served for a year, though that is not a hard and fast rule. We’ll follow the election process outlined here.
- In the comments of this post, share your nomination(s). Self-nominations are welcome.
- Nominations will close on Friday, February 24, 2023
- Once the deadline has passed for nominating, a comment will be added and pinned to the top of this nominations post
- After nominations have ended, a poll for voting will be opened and linked from a voting announcement post that will be shared on https://make.wordpress.org/performance/ by Monday, February 27, 2023
- Voting will stay open for two weeks and will end on Friday, March 10, 2023
- Once the deadline has passed for voting, a comment will be added and pinned to the top of the voting announcement post
- Once the results have been finalized and announced in the Tuesday, March 14, 2023 chat, a new post announcing the selected Team Reps will be added on https://make.wordpress.org/performance/
- A comment will be added and pinned to the top of the voting announcement post
I’d like to nominate Emily Clarke (@clarkeemily), who has been doing a fantastic job on all of the things that I previously worked on while I’ve been occupied with other commitments.
Please share your nomination(s) for Core Performance Team Reps in the comments of this post by Friday, February 24, 2023.