Today’s discussion mainly consisted of WPiOS planning. Chat log.
- WPiOS planning
- XML-RPC in 3.5 (status update)
- There are 9 tickets left in the 3.2 milestone, visual editor, sounds, and the WPcom Notifications panel have been moved out to meet the deadline (1 week). Feature set for 3.2 is now Featured Image support, app settings moved in-app, and comment push notification support for Jetpack-enabled blogs.
- For sound effects, we agreed there needs to be a setting to turn them off (#1407-ios).
We discussed a new way to approach app development (starting with WPiOS). We’ll try this for the next few releases. In short:
- Trunk should never be broken and effectively be submittable for bug fix updates without enhancements.
- Enhancements should be worked on in branches or outside of trunk until ready.
- When enhancements are ready and tested, an update is submitted and the version number is bumped.
XML-RPC in 3.5 (status update)
- Core is now in beta, but a few issues remain with the API improvements. @markoheijnen is going to take a look at these, among other things wp.getUsers has an issue and there needs to be a way to mimic wp.getAuthors.
- Overall we’re in a good place for 3.5. We should start planning app updates around the release so we can support the improvements once they’re available (revisions + real previews, galleries, user details editable through apps).
Join us for the next weekly dev chat on Wednesday at 15:00 UTC.