The WordPress for iOS 6.5 beta will be available for testing on TestFlight soon. Not part of the beta program yet? Please sign up for our TestFlight program to request to join as a beta tester.
- Reader Navigation: The Reader navigation has a new design to match the web Reader. You can also browse the sites you follow in the new “Manage Sites” section in your Followed Sites list.
- Updated Editor Toolbar: The editor’s top toolbar was cleaned up to make it less crowded. Instead of a Preview link, settings cog icon, and Post link, you’ll now see the Post link and a “more” (ellipsis) menu.
- iPad updates: If you have an iPad, you’ll see some updates such as a consistent layout throughout the app, and new inline search bars (matching the default iOS search behavior). To test:
- Explore the app on an iPad and note any inconsistencies or odd behavior with the layout between screens.
- Try out the search bars (such as the blog selector search).
- Bonus: Rotate between portrait and landscape views as you go.
- Notifications: The Notifications stack got a revamp — this is a behind-the-scenes update, so hopefully you won’t see any changes. To test, trigger a variety of notifications, open and interact with them, and report any odd behavior or bugs you see.
Bugs & Feedback
Did you find a bug or come up with a feature request while testing? You can discuss it here, report it using the TestFlight feedback link, or head straight to the iOS Github repository and open a new issue.