- Android Status
- iOSiOS The operating system used on iPhones and iPads. Status
- GSoC Projects
- This week
- 2.5: A handful of issues were found during QA and the team has been working on fixes. There are currently two left. Once these are sorted the QA cycle will restart.
- Development for the next release (2.6) with an improved welcome/signup flow and Native Reader is finished and ready for testing.
- Last week was a good bug fixing sprint and 3.8.4 is almost ready and we’ll be starting testing soon.
- 3.8.3 status – crashes are way down and reviews are improving a bit. Still seeing some login issues that need to be worked on but the majority of the issues still being reported are fixed in 3.8.4.
- The code for the GSoC BlackBerry and Firefox OS WordPress apps has been added to the WordPress-Mobile githubGitHub GitHub is a website that offers online implementation of git repositories that can easily be shared, copied and modified by other developers. Public repositories are free to host, private repositories require a paid subscription. GitHub introduced the concept of the ‘pull request’ where code changes done in branches by contributors can be reviewed and discussed before being merged be the repository owner. https://github.com/ repos. There is more work to do on both apps before they are ready for a v 1.0 release.
- Missing iOS parts are still a WIP.
- New release schedule page is just about ready.
- Versluis expressed his interest in helping out with the handbook.
- iOS : finish 3.8.4, testing and submit!
- Android: fix remaining issues with 2.5 an another round of QA. Go after some quick wins on github tickets and other ui improvements.
Next Dev Chat
Join us next week on Monday Oct 28 at 16:00 UTC in #wordpress-mobile on Freenode.