WordPress for iOSiOS The operating system used on iPhones and iPads. version 19.1 betaBeta A pre-release of software that is given out to a large group of users to trial under real conditions. Beta versions have gone through alpha testing in-house and are generally fairly close in look, feel and function to the final product; however, design changes often occur as part of the process. is available for testing on TestFlight. You can sign up for our TestFlight program and join as a beta tester by opening that link on your iPhone or iPad.
- Make sure you are using the latest beta noted in the title of this post. You can check your app version by going to My Site > Profile (top right) > Help & Support > Version or by looking at the version number in the TestFlight app.
- Go to Account > App Settings > Privacy Settings and turn on the Collect information option.
- Go to Account > Help & Support and turn on the Extra Debug option.
- Go to My Site > Settings > Use BlockBlock Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience. Editor to enable the block editor for new posts.
- If you are comfortable testing in a language other than English, please test in that language.
- Comments can now be moderated via a drop-down menu on each comment. [#17758]
READER POST DETAILS COMMENTS SNIPPET
- Added ability to manage conversation subscription and notifications. [#17749]
ACCESSIBILITYAccessibility Accessibility (commonly shortened to a11y) refers to the design of products, devices, services, or environments for people with disabilities. The concept of accessible design ensures both “direct access” (i.e. unassisted) and “indirect access” meaning compatibility with a person’s assistive technology (for example, computer screen readers). (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accessibility)
- VoiceOver and Dynamic Type improvements on Activity Log and Schedule Post calendars [#17756, #17761, #17780]
- If a user has only enabled limited device media access, we now show a prompt to allow the user to change their selection. [#17795]
- Hide help button from Unsupported Block Editor. [#4352]
- Add contrast checker to text-based blocks [#4357]
BUG FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS
- Signup: Fixed bug where username selection screen could be pushed twice. [#17624]
- Publicize: Fixed an issue where a successful login was not automatically detected when connecting a Facebook account to Publicize. [#17803]
- Self-hosted login: Improved error messages. [#17724]
- Self-hosted site: Fixed a crash when saving media and no Internet connection was available. [#17759]
- Block Editor: Share sheet from photos: Fix an issue where certain filenames would not upload or render in Post [#16773]
- Block Editor: Fixed an issue where video thumbnails could show when selecting images, and vice versa. [#17670]
- Block Editor: Fix content justification attribute in Buttons block [#4451]
- Block Editor: Fix missing Featured ImageFeatured image A featured image is the main image used on your blog archive page and is pulled when the post or page is shared on social media. The image can be used to display in widget areas on your site or in a summary list of posts. translations [#4464]
- Block Editor: Fix missing translations of color settings [#4479]
- Block Editor: Fix cut-off setting labels by properly wrapping the text [#4475]
- Block Editor: Highlight text: fix applying formatting for non-selected text [#4471]
- Block Editor: Fix Android handling of Hebrew and Indonesian translations [#4397]
Instructions for Reporting Issues
- If you find a problem with any of the blocks in the block editor, please search the gutenberg-mobile issues and leave a new comment if it has already been reported or create a new issue if you cannot find a previous report.
- If you find a problem with any part of the app other than blocks in the block editor, please search the WordPress-iOS issues and leave a comment it has already been reported or create a new issue if you cannot find a previous report.
- If you’re not sure where to report or if something is a bug, please comment on this post.
- Please always note the app version and device info you tested with!
- In GitHubGitHub GitHub is a website that offers online implementation of git repositories that can easily be shared, copied and modified by other developers. Public repositories are free to host, private repositories require a paid subscription. GitHub introduced the concept of the ‘pull request’ where code changes done in branches by contributors can be reviewed and discussed before being merged be the repository owner. https://github.com/, a bot may ask for labels but you may not have rights to add them. Know that labels will be added by someone on the triage team.
- Please do not include full Activity Logs which include tokens. Activity Logs can be very helpful for debugging but you should only include them if you have removed tokens as those should not be shared publicly. You can find the logs at Account > Help & Support > Application log.
Thanks for testing!