WordPress for iOSiOS The operating system used on iPhones and iPads. version 18.8 betaBeta A pre-release of software that is given out to a large group of users to trial under real conditions. Beta versions have gone through alpha testing in-house and are generally fairly close in look, feel and function to the final product; however, design changes often occur as part of the process. is available for testing on TestFlight. You can sign up for our TestFlight program and join as a beta tester by opening that link on your iPhone or iPad.
- Make sure you are using the latest beta noted in the title of this post. You can check your app version by going to My Site > Profile (top right) > Help & Support > Version or by looking at the version number in the TestFlight app.
- Go to Account > App Settings > Privacy Settings and turn on the Collect information option.
- Go to Account > Help & Support and turn on the Extra Debug option.
- Go to My Site > Settings > Use BlockBlock Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience. Editor to enable the block editor for new posts.
- If you are comfortable testing in a language other than English, please test in that language.
LOGIN/ QUICK START
- Onboarding Improvements: Need a little help after login? We’re here for you. We’ve made a few changes to the login flow that will make it easier for you to start managing your site or create a new one. [#17564]
- Added a new About screen, with links to rate the app, share it with others, visit our Twitter profile, view our other apps, and more. [#107]
- Show a compact notice when switching between HTMLHTML HTML is an acronym for Hyper Text Markup Language. It is a markup language that is used in the development of web pages and websites. or Visual mode. [#17521]
- Add clipboard link suggestion to image block and button block. [#35972]
- Embed block: Include link in block settings. [#4189]
- Fix tab titles translation of inserter menu. [#4248]
- Gallery block: When a gallery block is added, the media options are auto opened for v2 of the Gallery block. [#4277]
- Media & Text block: Fix an issue where the text font size would be bigger than expected in some cases. [#4252]
BUG FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS
- Fixed crash where uploading image when offline crashes iOS app. [#17488]
- Fixed crash that was sometimes triggered when deleting media. [#17559]
- Fixed crash that was sometimes triggered when seeing the details for like notifications. [#17529]
Instructions for Reporting Issues
- If you find a problem with any of the blocks in the block editor, please search the gutenberg-mobile issues and leave a new comment if it has already been reported or create a new issue if you cannot find a previous report.
- If you find a problem with any part of the app other than blocks in the block editor, please search the WordPress-iOS issues and leave a comment it has already been reported or create a new issue if you cannot find a previous report.
- If you’re not sure where to report or if something is a bug, please comment on this post.
- Please always note the app version and device info you tested with!
- In GitHubGitHub GitHub is a website that offers online implementation of git repositories that can can easily be shared, copied and modified by other developers. Public repositories are free to host, private repositories require a paid subscription. GitHub introduced the concept of the ‘pull request’ where code changes done in branches by contributors can be reviewed and discussed before being merged be the repository owner. https://github.com/, a bot may ask for labels but you may not have rights to add them. Know that labels will be added by someone on the triage team.
- Please do not include full Activity Logs which include tokens. Activity Logs can be very helpful for debugging but you should only include them if you have removed tokens as those should not be shared publicly. You can find the logs at Account > Help & Support > Application log.
Thanks for testing!