WordPress for Android version 18.3-rc-1 is available for testing on the BetaBeta A pre-release of software that is given out to a large group of users to trial under real conditions. Beta versions have gone through alpha testing in-house and are generally fairly close in look, feel and function to the final product; however, design changes often occur as part of the process. channel. You can ask to join the Beta Program at Android App Testing on Google Play. Once you have been accepted, click the “Become a Tester” button at the same link.
- Media: Fix Atomic sites video not playing issue. (15285)
- BlockBlock Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience. editor: Embed block: Enable WordPress embed preview 
- Block editor: Embed block: Enable embed preview for Instagram and Vimeo providers. 
- Block editor: Embed block: Implemented the No Preview UIUI UI is an acronym for User Interface - the layout of the page the user interacts with. Think ‘how are they doing that’ and less about what they are doing. when an embed is successful, but we’re unable to show an inline preview 
- Block editor: Embed block: Add error bottom sheet with retry and convert to link actions. 
- Block editor: Fix issue of main toolbar initial position being wrong when RTL 
- Block editor: Fixes bug preventing button block gradient background from being updated in the editor 
- My Site: Updated the wording for the “Posts” and “Pages” entries in My Site screen 
- Block editor: Embed block: Add device’s locale to preview content 
- Block editor: Embed block: Fix content disappearing when switching light/dark mode 
- Block editor: Column block: Translate column width’s control labels 
What Testing is Most Needed
- Embed media from various sources using the Embed block.
- Please spend time using the app as our beloved users would. Multiple sessions over a couple days, start and stop in the middle of a post, edit/schedule a post, create a new page, create a story post, find other content in the reader….anything you can think of!
- Set up blogging reminders, and try blogging consistently for a while. Report any issues you find, including with blogging reminders themselves!
- Go to Account > App Settings > Privacy settings and turn on the “Collect information” and “Crash reports” options.
- Go to My Site > Settings > Use Block Editor to enable the block editor for new posts.
- If you are comfortable testing in a language other than English, please test in that language.
Where to Report
Please report bugs in GitHubGitHub GitHub is a website that offers online implementation of git repositories that can easily be shared, copied and modified by other developers. Public repositories are free to host, private repositories require a paid subscription. GitHub introduced the concept of the ‘pull request’ where code changes done in branches by contributors can be reviewed and discussed before being merged be the repository owner. https://github.com/ at WordPress-Android or gutenberg-mobile (for block editor issues) if you are comfortable doing so. Add a comment to this post if you have any questions, feedback, or issues you’re not sure how to report.
Instructions for Reporting Issues
- Search the GitHub repository first to see if the bug is a known issue. If you verify a known issue, please leave a comment noting the app and device info you tested with!
- For new issues, please follow the template GitHub repository that shows up when creating a new issue.
- Please be aware that a bot will ask for labels but you may not have rights to add them. Know that labels will be added by someone on the triage team.
- Please do not include full Activity Logs which include tokens. Activity Logs can be very helpful for debugging but you should only include them if you have removed tokens as those should not be shared publicly. You can find the logs at Account > Help & Support > Application log.
Thanks for testing! ❤️