WordPress for Android version 16.6-rc-2 is available for testing on the BetaBeta A pre-release of software that is given out to a large group of users to trial under real conditions. Beta versions have gone through alpha testing in-house and are generally fairly close in look, feel and function to the final product; however, design changes often occur as part of the process. channel. You can ask to join the Beta Program at Android App Testing on Google Play. Once you have been accepted, click the “Become a Tester” button at the same link.
Bugs & Feedback
If you find a bug or want to share a feature request after testing, you can comment on this post, pingPing The act of sending a very small amount of data to an end point. Ping is used in computer science to illicit a response from a target server to test it’s connection. Ping is also a term used by Slack users to @ someone or send them a direct message (DM). Users might say something along the lines of “Ping me when the meeting starts.” one of us in the #mobile room on WordPress.org Slack, or head straight GitHubGitHub GitHub is a website that offers online implementation of git repositories that can easily be shared, copied and modified by other developers. Public repositories are free to host, private repositories require a paid subscription. GitHub introduced the concept of the ‘pull request’ where code changes done in branches by contributors can be reviewed and discussed before being merged be the repository owner. https://github.com/ and open an issue—please see “Where to Report” below.
- Reader: adds site filterFilter Filters are one of the two types of Hooks https://codex.wordpress.org/Plugin_API/Hooks. They provide a way for functions to modify data of other functions. They are the counterpart to Actions. Unlike Actions, filters are meant to work in an isolated manner, and should never have side effects such as affecting global variables and output. capability to Followed P2s tab page. Now the sites listed in the filters are only those relevant to the page (Following/Followed P2s) 
- Site Creation: Adds the option to choose between mobile, tablet or desktop thumbnails in the home page design picker when creating a WordPress.comWordPress.com An online implementation of WordPress code that lets you immediately access a new WordPress environment to publish your content. WordPress.com is a private company owned by Automattic that hosts the largest multisite in the world. This is arguably the best place to start blogging if you have never touched WordPress before. https://wordpress.com/ site 
- Site Creation: Adds the option to choose between mobile, tablet or desktop home page design previews when creating a WordPress.com site 
- Quick Start: Removed the browse theme step and added guidance for reviewing pages and editing your Homepage. 
What to Test
- Go to Account > App Settings > Privacy settings and turn on the “Collect information” and “Crash reports” options.
- Go to My Site > Settings > Use BlockBlock Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience. Editor to enable the block editor for new posts.
- Switch to Dark Theme when testing Android 9.0+ devices. On the device, go to Settings > Display > Advanced > Device theme and choose “Dark”.
- If you are comfortable testing in a language other than English, please test in that language.
- Go to Reader > Manage and follow some sites including at least one P2P2 P2 or O2 is the term people use to refer to the Make WordPress blog. It can be found at https://make.wordpress.org/. URLURL A specific web address of a website or web page on the Internet, such as a website’s URL www.wordpress.org (such as madefortestingp2011221.wordpress.com). Go to Reader > Following and filter to see one of the sites, swipe right until you see the Followed P2s tab and apply a filter again. Swipe back to Following and confirm the previously selected filter is still applied. Swipe back to Followed P2s and confirm the previously selected filter is still applied. (13766)
- Go to My Site > Choose Site > + and try out the different preview options (mobile, tablet, desktop) for the home page design selection screen (13674) and the the design preview screen (13673) after picking a design.
- Create a site, select “Yes, Help Me” when prompted, walk through the full tour and expect NOT see “Browse themes”, “Customize your site”, or “Create a new page” in the list or in “Complete” section of the list. See 13855 for more testing tips.
Updates that went into this release: WordPress-Android 16.6 and gutenberg-mobile 1.45.
Where to Report
Please report bugs in GitHub at WordPress-Android or gutenberg-mobile (for block editor issues) if you are comfortable doing so or add a comment to this post if you have any questions, feedback, or issues you’re not sure how to report.
Instructions for Reporting Issues
- Search the GitHub repository first to see if the bug is a known issue. If you verify a known issue, please leave a comment noting the app and device info you tested with!
- For new issues, please follow the template GitHub repository that shows up when creating a new issue.
- Please be aware that a bot will ask for labels but you may not have rights to add them. Know that labels will be added by someone on the triage team.
- Please do not include full Activity Logs which include tokens. Activity Logs can be very helpful for debugging but you should only include them if you have removed tokens as those should not be shared publicly. You can find the logs at Account > Help & Support > Application log.
Thanks for testing! ❤️