WordPress for iOSiOS The operating system used on iPhones and iPads. version 16.5 betaBeta A pre-release of software that is given out to a large group of users to trial under real conditions. Beta versions have gone through alpha testing in-house and are generally fairly close in look, feel and function to the final product; however, design changes often occur as part of the process. is available for testing on TestFlight. You can sign up for our TestFlight program and join as a beta tester by opening that link on your iPhone or iPad.
BlockBlock Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience. Editor
- Full-width and wide alignment support for Columns (#2919)
- Added move to top/bottom when long pressing on respective block movers (#2872)
- Image block – Add link picker to the block settings and enhance link settings with auto-hide options (#2841)
- Cross-post suggestions are now available by typing the + character (or long-pressing the toolbar button labelled with an @-symbol) in a post on a P2P2 P2 or O2 is the term people use to refer to the Make WordPress blog. It can be found at https://make.wordpress.org/. site (#15139)
- Fix button link setting, rel link will not be overwritten if modified by the user (#2894)
New User Experience (NUX) & SIGNUP
- Choose a Domain will now return more options in the search results, sort the results to have exact matches first, and let you know if no exact matches were found. (#15482)
PAGES/ Posts List
- Page List: Adds duplicate page functionality (#15515)
- Selected filters now persist while in app.(#15594)
- In the Comments view, overly-large twemoji are sized the same as Apple’s emoji. (#15503)
Bug Fixes and Adjustments
- Invite People: add link to user roles definition web page. (#15530)
- Go to Account > App Settings > Privacy Settings and turn on the Collect information option.
- Go to Account > Help & Support and turn on the Extra Debug option.
- Go to My Site > Settings > Use Block Editor to enable the block editor for new posts.
- If you are comfortable testing in a language other than English, please test in that language.
What Testing is Most Needed
- Page Duplication – please try to include all the Block Editor changes above!
- Dogfooding – After reading the list of changes (especially the Block Editor, Site Creation and Reader notes), create content and use our features! Discover new blogs in the Reader and follow/unfollow topics you are interested in. Share everything you think is worth sharing. Opinions, ideas, frustrations, likes….leave it all in the comments! Please read over all the release notes above and find ways to naturally flow through these changes in the app.
Where to Report
Please report bugs in GitHubGitHub GitHub is a website that offers online implementation of git repositories that can can easily be shared, copied and modified by other developers. Public repositories are free to host, private repositories require a paid subscription. GitHub introduced the concept of the ‘pull request’ where code changes done in branches by contributors can be reviewed and discussed before being merged be the repository owner. https://github.com/ at WordPress-iOS or gutenberg-mobile (for block editor issues) if you are comfortable doing so or add a comment to this post if you have any questions, feedback, or issues you’re not sure how to report.
Instructions for Reporting Issues
- Search the GitHub repository first to see if the bug is a known issue. If you verify a known issue, please leave a comment noting the app and device info you tested with!
- For new issues, please follow the template GitHub repository that shows up when creating a new issue.
- Please be aware that a bot will ask for labels but you may not have rights to add them. Know that labels will be added by someone on the triage team.
- Please do not include full Activity Logs which include tokens. Activity Logs can be very helpful for debugging but you should only include them if you have removed tokens as those should not be shared publicly. You can find the logs at Account > Help & Support > Application log.
Thanks for testing!