WordPress for Android version 16.2-rc-1 is available for testing on the BetaBeta A pre-release of software that is given out to a large group of users to trial under real conditions. Beta versions have gone through alpha testing in-house and are generally fairly close in look, feel and function to the final product; however, design changes often occur as part of the process. channel. You can ask to join the Beta Program at Android App Testing on Google Play. Once you have been accepted, click the “Become a Tester” button at the same link.
Bugs & Feedback
If you find a bug or want to share a feature request after testing, you can comment on this post, pingPing The act of sending a very small amount of data to an end point. Ping is used in computer science to illicit a response from a target server to test it’s connection. Ping is also a term used by Slack users to @ someone or send them a direct message (DM). Users might say something along the lines of “Ping me when the meeting starts.” one of us in the #mobile room on WordPress.org Slack, or head straight GitHubGitHub GitHub is a website that offers online implementation of git repositories that can easily be shared, copied and modified by other developers. Public repositories are free to host, private repositories require a paid subscription. GitHub introduced the concept of the ‘pull request’ where code changes done in branches by contributors can be reviewed and discussed before being merged be the repository owner. https://github.com/ and open an issue—please see “Where to Report” below.
- BlockBlock Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience. Editor: Faster editor start and overall operation. 
- Block Editor: Enable multiple upload support for Image block. 
- Posts List: fixed bug that prevented showing the Featured ImageFeatured image A featured image is the main image used on your blog archive page and is pulled when the post or page is shared on social media. The image can be used to display in widget areas on your site or in a summary list of posts. of a post for pure self-hosted sites. 
- Media picker: New media picker is now used in all the places where the user selects any kind of file (featured image, site icon, user icon, in posts or media library) except stories. 
What to Test
- Go to Account > App Settings > Privacy settings and turn on the “Collect information” and “Crash reports” options.
- Go to My Site > Settings > Use Block Editor to enable the block editor for new posts.
- Switch to Dark Theme when testing Android 9.0+ devices. On the device, go to Settings > Display > Advanced > Device theme and choose “Dark”.
- If you are comfortable testing in a language other than English, please test in that language.
- Go to My Site and open existing posts and pages as well as create new ones and expect things to look and feel faster. Try from an older device if you have one. Try testing a post with a lot of content (5,000+ words for example).
- Go to My Site > + and create a new post or page with an image block. Try adding multiple images at once after selecting the “Choose from device” option. Expect images to be inserted as separate image blocks. Test from different site types such as WordPress.comWordPress.com An online implementation of WordPress code that lets you immediately access a new WordPress environment to publish your content. WordPress.com is a private company owned by Automattic that hosts the largest multisite in the world. This is arguably the best place to start blogging if you have never touched WordPress before. https://wordpress.com/ Simple, WordPress.com Business, Jetpack, and self-hosted.
- Test uploading files to the gallery, media & text, and video blocks to ensure there are no regressions.
- Start with a self-hosted site on httpHTTP HTTP is an acronym for Hyper Text Transfer Protocol. HTTP is the underlying protocol used by the World Wide Web and this protocol defines how messages are formatted and transmitted, and what actions Web servers and browsers should take in response to various commands., add a featured image, publish the post, verify you can see the featured image on the My Site > Blog Posts screen. Check that the post appears as expected in previews, on the web, and in the Reader.
- Test as many media picker scenarios you can think of using “Choose from device” such as adding a featured image, site icon, user icon, image-related blocks in the editor, and the media library.
Updates that went into this release: WordPress-Android 16.2, gutenberg-mobile 1.41.
Where to Report
- WordPress-Android on GitHub for non-block-editor issues.
- gutenberg-mobile on GitHub for block editor issues.
- This post for questions, feedback, or issues you’re not sure how to report in GitHub.
Instructions for Reporting Issues
- Search the GitHub repository first to see if the bug is a known issue. If you verify a known issue, please leave a comment noting the app and device info you tested with!
- For new issues, please follow the template GitHub repository that shows up when creating a new issue.
- Please be aware that a bot will ask for labels but you may not have rights to add them. Know that labels will be added by someone on the triage team.
- Please do not include full Activity Logs which include tokens. Activity Logs can be very helpful for debugging but you should only include them if you have removed tokens as those should not be shared publicly. You can find the logs at Account > Help & Support > Application log.
Thanks for testing! ❤️