WordPress for iOSiOS The operating system used on iPhones and iPads. version 16.1 betaBeta A pre-release of software that is given out to a large group of users to trial under real conditions. Beta versions have gone through alpha testing in-house and are generally fairly close in look, feel and function to the final product; however, design changes often occur as part of the process. is available for testing on TestFlight. You can sign up for our TestFlight program and join as a beta tester by opening that link on your iPhone or iPad.
- BlockBlock Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience. Editor: Adds new option to select from a variety of predefined page templates when creating a new page for a GutenbergGutenberg The Gutenberg project is the new Editor Interface for WordPress. The editor improves the process and experience of creating new content, making writing rich content much simpler. It uses ‘blocks’ to add richness rather than shortcodes, custom HTML etc. https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/ site. #15138
- The “Floating Action Button” now appears on the list of posts and pages for quick and convenient creation. #15149
- Fixed an issue that was causing the refresh control to show up on top of the list of sites. #15136
- Go to Account > App Settings > Privacy Settings and turn on the Collect information option.
- Go to Account > Help & Support and turn on the Extra Debug option.
- Go to My Site > Settings > Use Block Editor to enable the block editor for new posts.
- If you are comfortable testing in a language other than English, please test in that language.
What to Test
- Create pages using the new layout picker, using either the pink plus sign or the Pages button to create. Tell us what you think!
Where to Report
- WordPress-iOS on GitHubGitHub GitHub is a website that offers online implementation of git repositories that can easily be shared, copied and modified by other developers. Public repositories are free to host, private repositories require a paid subscription. GitHub introduced the concept of the ‘pull request’ where code changes done in branches by contributors can be reviewed and discussed before being merged be the repository owner. https://github.com/ for non-block-editor issues.
- gutenberg-mobile on GitHub for block editor issues.
- This post for questions, feedback, or anything at all you’re not sure how to report in GitHub or want to discuss.
Instructions for Reporting Issues
- Search the GitHub repository first to see if the bug is a known issue. If you verify a known issue, please leave a comment noting the app and device info you tested with!
- For new issues, please follow the template GitHub repository that shows up when creating a new issue.
- Please be aware that a bot will ask for labels but you may not have rights to add them. Know that labels will be added by someone on the triage team.
- Please do not include full Activity Logs which include tokens. Activity Logs can be very helpful for debugging but you should only include them if you have removed tokens as those should not be shared publicly. You can find the logs at Account > Help & Support > Application log.
Thanks for testing!