WordPress for Android version 15.9-rc-1 is available for testing on the BetaBeta A pre-release of software that is given out to a large group of users to trial under real conditions. Beta versions have gone through alpha testing in-house and are generally fairly close in look, feel and function to the final product; however, design changes often occur as part of the process. channel. You can ask to join the Beta Program at Android App Testing on Google Play. Once you have been accepted, click the “Become a Tester” button at the same link.
Bugs & Feedback
If you find a bug or want to share a feature request after testing, you can comment on this post, pingPing The act of sending a very small amount of data to an end point. Ping is used in computer science to illicit a response from a target server to test it’s connection. Ping is also a term used by Slack users to @ someone or send them a direct message (DM). Users might say something along the lines of “Ping me when the meeting starts.” one of us in the #mobile room on WordPress.org Slack, or head straight GitHubGitHub GitHub is a website that offers online implementation of git repositories that can easily be shared, copied and modified by other developers. Public repositories are free to host, private repositories require a paid subscription. GitHub introduced the concept of the ‘pull request’ where code changes done in branches by contributors can be reviewed and discussed before being merged be the repository owner. https://github.com/ and open an issue—please see “Where to Report” below.
- BlockBlock Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience. Editor: On Jetpack connected sites, Unsupported Block Editor can be enabled via enabling Jetpack SSO setting directly from within the missing block alert.
- Block Editor: Add support for selecting user’s post when configuring the link.
- Block Editor: Added expected double tap for focus behavior for text fields in accessibilityAccessibility Accessibility (commonly shortened to a11y) refers to the design of products, devices, services, or environments for people with disabilities. The concept of accessible design ensures both “direct access” (i.e. unassisted) and “indirect access” meaning compatibility with a person’s assistive technology (for example, computer screen readers). (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accessibility) mode.
- Improved My Site layout on devices with big screens.
What to Test
- Go to Account > App Settings > Privacy settings and turn on the “Collect information” and “Crash reports” options.
- Go to My Site > Settings > Use Block Editor to enable the block editor for new posts.
- Switch to Dark Theme when testing Android 9.0+ devices for this release. On the device, go to Settings > Display > Advanced > Device theme and choose “Dark”.
- If you are comfortable testing in a language other than English, please test in that language.
- 12990 On a WordPress.comWordPress.com An online implementation of WordPress code that lets you immediately access a new WordPress environment to publish your content. WordPress.com is a private company owned by Automattic that hosts the largest multisite in the world. This is arguably the best place to start blogging if you have never touched WordPress before. https://wordpress.com/ simple site, add an unsupported block. In the app, tap on the unsupported block to open the Unsupported Block Editor and try to break it.
- 13011 On a WordPress.com Business site with plugins installed, add an unsupported block. In the app, tap on the unsupported block to open the Unsupported Block Editor and try to break it.
- 24476 On a Jetpack site, add an unsupported block. In the app, tap on the unsupported block to open the Unsupported Block Editor and try to break it.
- 2484 Create a new post, add a link by selecting a published post from the same blog. Try editing the link to select a different post from the same blog. Verify that the link search works as expected.
- 927 Enable TalkBack by long-pressing both the volume up & down key at the same time. Verify that tapping content in the block editor activates the cursor and the instructions read aloud are correct.
- 13026 Verify that the My Site layout matches the designs at 13026 on a tablet.
Updates that went into this release: WordPress-Android 15.9, gutenberg-mobile 1.38.
Where to Report
- WordPress-Android on GitHub for non-block-editor issues.
- gutenberg-mobile on GitHub for block editor issues.
- This post for questions, feedback, or issues you’re not sure how to report in GitHub.
Instructions for Reporting Issues
- Search the GitHub repository first to see if the bug is a known issue. If you verify a known issue, please leave a comment noting the app and device info you tested with!
- For new issues, please follow the template GitHub repository that shows up when creating a new issue.
- Please be aware that a bot will ask for labels but you may not have rights to add them. Know that labels will be added by someone on the triage team.
- Please do not include full Activity Logs which include tokens. Activity Logs can be very helpful for debugging but you should only include them if you have removed tokens as those should not be shared publicly. You can find the logs at Account > Help & Support > Application log.
Thanks for testing! ❤️