WordPress for iOSiOS The operating system used on iPhones and iPads. version 15.5 betaBeta A pre-release of software that is given out to a large group of users to trial under real conditions. Beta versions have gone through alpha testing in-house and are generally fairly close in look, feel and function to the final product; however, design changes often occur as part of the process. is available for testing on TestFlight. You can sign up for our TestFlight program and join as a beta tester by opening that link on your iPhone or iPad.
Bugs & Feedback
If you find a bug or want to share a feature request after testing, you can comment on this post, pingPing The act of sending a very small amount of data to an end point. Ping is used in computer science to illicit a response from a target server to test it’s connection. Ping is also a term used by Slack users to @ someone or send them a direct message (DM). Users might say something along the lines of “Ping me when the meeting starts.” one of us in the #mobile room on WordPress.org Slack, or head straight GitHubGitHub GitHub is a website that offers online implementation of git repositories that can easily be shared, copied and modified by other developers. Public repositories are free to host, private repositories require a paid subscription. GitHub introduced the concept of the ‘pull request’ where code changes done in branches by contributors can be reviewed and discussed before being merged be the repository owner. https://github.com/ and open an issue—please see “Where to Report” below.
- BlockBlock Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience. Editor: New feature for WordPress.comWordPress.com An online implementation of WordPress code that lets you immediately access a new WordPress environment to publish your content. WordPress.com is a private company owned by Automattic that hosts the largest multisite in the world. This is arguably the best place to start blogging if you have never touched WordPress before. https://wordpress.com/ and Jetpack sites: auto-complete username mentions. An auto-complete popup will show up when the user types the @ character in the block editor.
- Reader: revamped UIUI UI is an acronym for User Interface - the layout of the page the user interacts with. Think ‘how are they doing that’ and less about what they are doing. for your site headerHeader The header of your site is typically the first thing people will experience. The masthead or header art located across the top of your page is part of the look and feel of your website. It can influence a visitor’s opinion about your content and you/ your organization’s brand. It may also look different on different screen sizes..
- Block Editor: Media editing support in Cover block.
- Block Editor: Fixed a bug on the Heading block, where a heading with a link and string formatting showed a white shadow in dark mode.
What to Test
- Go to Account > App Settings > Privacy Settings and turn on the Collect information option.
- Go to Account > Help & Support and turn on the Extra Debug option.
- Go to My Site > Settings > Use Block Editor to enable the block editor for new posts.
- If you are comfortable testing in a language other than English, please test in that language.
- 13942 Test with WordPress.com Simple, WordPress.com Business, and Jetpack sites. Create a new post or page, type
@to select any user from the site, verify the mentioned user is notified. Repeat the test using the
@option in the editor toolbar. Try typing an
@symbol as a word by itself or at the start of the word with using mentions.
- 14536 Go to Reader and tap on a site title to open a site stream. Verify the design matches what you see at 14536 and that you can see a very long tagline displayed on a site that has one. Test in light and dark mode. Test in portrait and landscape orientation. Test from an iPad too.
- 23280 Create a new post or page, add a cover block, add an image, verify you can tap the image to preview, replace the image, and tap the media editing icon at top to make edits to the image and then verify the edits are visible after publishing.
- 2511 Go to My Site > Account (top right) > App Settings and set Appearance to Dark. Create a new post or page, add a heading block, add some text including a link, make the text bold, verify there is not a white text shadow on the bold text (screenshot).
If you are able to complete the entire list above, please continue testing by looking at all the related PRs targeting WordPress-iOS 15.5 and gutenberg-mobile 1.34, specifically any that you are able to and that aren’t already represented above.
Where to Report
- WordPress-iOS on GitHub for non-block-editor issues.
- gutenberg-mobile on GitHub for block editor issues.
- This post for questions, feedback, or anything at all you’re not sure how to report in GitHub or want to discuss.
Instructions for Reporting Issues
- Search the GitHub repository first to see if the bug is a known issue. If you verify a known issue, please leave a comment noting the app and device info you tested with!
- For new issues, please follow the template GitHub repository that shows up when creating a new issue.
- Please be aware that a bot will ask for labels but you may not have rights to add them. Know that labels will be added by someone on the triage team. 👍
- Please do not include full Activity Logs which include tokens. Activity Logs can be very helpful for debugging but you should only include them if you have removed tokens as those should not be shared publicly. You can find the logs at Account > Help & Support > Application log.
Thanks for testing! ❤️