WordPress for Android version 15.4-rc-1 is available for testing on the BetaBeta A pre-release of software that is given out to a large group of users to trial under real conditions. Beta versions have gone through alpha testing in-house and are generally fairly close in look, feel and function to the final product; however, design changes often occur as part of the process. channel. You can ask to join the Beta Program at Android App Testing on Google Play. Once you have been accepted, click the “Become a Tester” button at the same link.
To test with an apk, you can download
Bugs & Feedback
If you find a bug or want to share a feature request after testing, you can comment on this post, pingPing The act of sending a very small amount of data to an end point. Ping is used in computer science to illicit a response from a target server to test it’s connection. Ping is also a term used by Slack users to @ someone or send them a direct message (DM). Users might say something along the lines of “Ping me when the meeting starts.” one of us in the #mobile room on WordPress.org Slack, or head straight GitHubGitHub GitHub is a website that offers online implementation of git repositories that can easily be shared, copied and modified by other developers. Public repositories are free to host, private repositories require a paid subscription. GitHub introduced the concept of the ‘pull request’ where code changes done in branches by contributors can be reviewed and discussed before being merged be the repository owner. https://github.com/ and open an issue—please see “Where to Report” below.
- The login and signup flows were unified and have a new design.
- BlockBlock Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience. Editor: Media editing support in Media & Text block.
- Block Editor: New block: Social Icons.
- Block Editor: Cover block placeholder is updated to allow users to start the block with a background color.
What to Test
- Go to Account > App Settings > Privacy settings and turn on the “Collect information” and “Crash reports” options.
- Go to My Site > Settings > Use Block Editor to enable the block editor for new posts.
- Switch to Dark Theme when testing Android 9.0+ devices for this release. On the device, go to Settings > Display > Advanced > Device theme and choose “Dark”.
- If you are comfortable testing in a language other than English, please test in that language.
- 12288 Try at least 6 of the log in and sign up flows listed below—or any other way you can think of which might be problematic.
- Smart Lock for Passwords 2FA Enabled.
- Smart Lock for Passwords 2FA Disabled.
- Sign-Up / Email + Magic Link.
- Login / Email + Magic Link / 2FA Enabled.
- Login / Email + Magic Link / 2FA Disabled.
- Login / Email + Password / 2FA Enabled.
- Login / Email + Password / 2FA Disabled.
- Sign up using Continue with Google.
- Log in using Continue with Google / Social Connected / 2FA Enabled.
- Log in using Continue with Google / Social Connected / 2FA Disabled.
- Log in using Continue with Google / Social Disconnected / 2FA Enabled.
- Log in using Continue with Google / Social Disconnected / 2FA Disabled.
- Continue with Site Address for WordPress.comWordPress.com An online implementation of WordPress code that lets you immediately access a new WordPress environment to publish your content. WordPress.com is a private company owned by Automattic that hosts the largest multisite in the world. This is arguably the best place to start blogging if you have never touched WordPress before. https://wordpress.com/, Self-Hosted or Jetpack site.
- HTTPHTTP HTTP is an acronym for Hyper Text Transfer Protocol. HTTP is the underlying protocol used by the World Wide Web and this protocol defines how messages are formatted and transmitted, and what actions Web servers and browsers should take in response to various commands. Auth.
- Self-Signed SSLSSL Secure Socket Layer - Encryption from the server to the browser and back. Prevents prying eyes from seeing what you are sending between your browser and the server..
- Epilogue Screen.
- Add WordPress.com Account, after logging in with any authentication method.
- Add Self-Hosted Site.
- Install Jetpack.
- Reauthentication, after disconnecting the app at https://wordpress.com/me/security/connected-applications.
- From outside the app, trigger a deeplink that requires authentication.
- From outside the app, try to share some content with WordPress.
- 2426 Create a new post or page, add a Media & Text block, add an image and some text, tap the image to reveal the image edit icon, tap the image again to see a fullscreen preview, exit preview, tap the image edit icon, edit the image in various ways, make sure the preview updates correctly. Add another Media & Text block with content and tap the cog to edit the block settings and turn on the “Crop image to fill entire column” option. Publish the post and verify the blocks show up correctly in the editor preview, app preview (View Site), Reader, and on the web (also see testing steps on the issue).
- 2361 Create a new post or page, add a Social Icons block, try to break it, publish and verify the block shows up correctly in the editor previews, app previews (View Site), Reader, and on the web. Test in light and dark mode (also see additional testing steps).
- 2488 Create a new post or page, add a Cover block, add a background color and some text, publish the post and verify the block shows up correctly in the editor preview, app preview (View Site), Reader, and on the web.
If you are able to complete the entire list above, please continue testing by looking at all the related PRs targeting WordPress-Android 15.4 and gutenberg-mobile 1.33, specifically any that you are able to and that aren’t already represented above.
Where to Report
- WordPress-Android on GitHub for non-block-editor issues.
- gutenberg-mobile on GitHub for block editor issues.
- This post for questions, feedback, or issues you’re not sure how to report in GitHub.
Instructions for Reporting Issues
- Search the GitHub repository first to see if the bug is a known issue. If you verify a known issue, please leave a comment noting the app and device info you tested with!
- For new issues, please follow the template GitHub repository that shows up when creating a new issue.
- Please be aware that a bot will ask for labels but you may not have rights to add them. Know that labels will be added by someone on the triage team. 👍
- Please do not include full Activity Logs which include tokens. Activity Logs can be very helpful for debugging but you should only include them if you have removed tokens as those should not be shared publicly. You can find the logs at Account > Help & Support > Application log.
Thanks for testing! ❤️