WordPress for Android version 13.8-rc-1 is available for testing on the BetaBeta A pre-release of software that is given out to a large group of users to trial under real conditions. Beta versions have gone through alpha testing in-house and are generally fairly close in look, feel and function to the final product; however, design changes often occur as part of the process. channel. You can ask to join the Beta Program at Android App Testing on Google Play. Once you have been accepted, click the “Become a Tester” button at the same link.
To test with an apk, you can download
Bugs & Feedback
If you find a bug or want to share a feature request after testing, you can comment on this post, pingPing The act of sending a very small amount of data to an end point. Ping is used in computer science to illicit a response from a target server to test it’s connection. Ping is also a term used by Slack users to @ someone or send them a direct message (DM). Users might say something along the lines of “Ping me when the meeting starts.” one of us in the #mobile room on WordPress.org Slack, or head straight GitHubGitHub GitHub is a website that offers online implementation of git repositories that can easily be shared, copied and modified by other developers. Public repositories are free to host, private repositories require a paid subscription. GitHub introduced the concept of the ‘pull request’ where code changes done in branches by contributors can be reviewed and discussed before being merged be the repository owner. https://github.com/ and open an issue—please see “Where to Report” below.
What to Test
- Go to My Site > Settings > Use BlockBlock Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience. Editor to enable the block editor for new posts.
- If you are comfortable testing in a language other than English, please test in that language.
- 10817 Add a spacer block to any post. Try to break it. View results on various screen sizes, including desktop, and make sure the block works as expected.
- 10837 Go to My Sites > Blog Posts and search for various posts including published, drafts, scheduled, and trashed. Can you find what you’re looking for?
- 10763 Add images and videos to any post or page. Try rotating the screen during editing. Switch to HTMLHTML HTML is an acronym for Hyper Text Markup Language. It is a markup language that is used in the development of web pages and websites. during editing. Try with both the classic and block editors. Leave the editor then edit again and make sure media appears as expected. See additional testing ideas here.
- Create and publish a new post with as many blocks as possible.
- Try tapping on push notifications to launch the app, does it crash?
- There were 26 unique crash and bug fixes included in this release! In general, can you figure out any ways to crash the app?
Where to Report
- WordPress-Android on GitHub for non-block-editor issues.
- gutenberg-mobile on GitHub for block editor issues.
- This post for questions, feedback, or issues you’re not sure how to report in GitHub.
Thanks for testing! ❤️