WordPress for iOSiOS The operating system used on iPhones and iPads. version 13.2 betaBeta A pre-release of software that is given out to a large group of users to trial under real conditions. Beta versions have gone through alpha testing in-house and are generally fairly close in look, feel and function to the final product; however, design changes often occur as part of the process. is available for testing on TestFlight. You can sign up for our TestFlight program and join as a beta tester by opening that link on your iPhone or iPad.
An important update in this release is the introduction of the option to Sign In with Apple in preparation for the release of iOS 13. 🎉
Disclaimer: iOS 13 is currently in beta. Beta software refers to a version of software that is still under development and is not yet released to the public. Make sure to back up your devices before installing beta software and install only on devices and systems that you are prepared to erase if necessary. If you do not have a device you would like to use, feel free to skip the steps that require iOS 13 (there are just two at the end of the list).
Bugs & Feedback
If you find a bug or want to share a feature request after testing, you can comment on this post, pingPing The act of sending a very small amount of data to an end point. Ping is used in computer science to illicit a response from a target server to test it’s connection. Ping is also a term used by Slack users to @ someone or send them a direct message (DM). Users might say something along the lines of “Ping me when the meeting starts.” one of us in the #mobile room on WordPress.org Slack, or head straight GitHubGitHub GitHub is a website that offers online implementation of git repositories that can easily be shared, copied and modified by other developers. Public repositories are free to host, private repositories require a paid subscription. GitHub introduced the concept of the ‘pull request’ where code changes done in branches by contributors can be reviewed and discussed before being merged be the repository owner. https://github.com/ and open an issue—please see “Where to Report” below.
What to Test
- Create a new Apple ID with two-factor authentication enabled to use for testing.
- Go to My Site > Settings > Use BlockBlock Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience. Editor to enable the block editor for new posts.
- Block Editor: create and publish post using all of the available blocks (Paragraph, Heading, Image, Video, Lists, Separator, Page Break, Quote, More) and check that each one works as expected.
- 12377 Go to My Site and pull to refresh many times to try to get duplicate sites to show. If you can see duplicates, either pull to refresh or wait for a bit for the site to sync and the duplicates should go away.
- 12287 Go to Profile and notice the Notifications Settings option is no longer there. Go to Notifications and tap the cog icon at top right. Make some changes to your notifications settings and ensure they work as expected.
- 12363 Go to My Site > Settings > Time Zone and choose a timezone other than your device timezone and not UTC. Go to My Site > Stats > Days and make sure the site timezone setting is displayed correctly.
- 12303 Create a new post, add a title, add an image, save as a draft, go to More > Preview and make sure the image loads in the preview.
- 12107 Go to Profile > Help & Support and test the Contact Us form. Try sending logs both as an attachment and via copy/paste.
- 12305 Log out, tap “Log in”, a button view should appear with the following options: “Continue with Apple” (only if you have iOS 13), “Continue with WordPress.comWordPress.com An online implementation of WordPress code that lets you immediately access a new WordPress environment to publish your content. WordPress.com is a private company owned by Automattic that hosts the largest multisite in the world. This is arguably the best place to start blogging if you have never touched WordPress before. https://wordpress.com/”, “Continue with Google”, and “Or log in by entering your site address.” Check that each login flow works as expected.
- 12336 (requires iOS 13) Log out, tap “Log In”, select “Continue with Apple” and follow the prompts to Sign In With Apple.
- 12379 (requires iOS 13) Go to Settings > Display & Brightness and tap Dark to switch to Dark Mode. Browse around in the app. Does anything look wrong when in Dark Mode? Try editing a few posts that contain blocks using the block editor and a few posts without blocks using the default editor. Please post general Dark Mode problems/screenshots to the comments on 12320.
Where to Report
- WordPress-iOS on GitHub for non-block-editor issues.
- gutenberg-mobile on GitHub for block editor issues.
- This post for questions, feedback, or issues you’re not sure how to report in GitHub.
Thanks for testing! ❤️