WordPress for Android version 13.2-rc-1 is available for testing on the BetaBeta A pre-release of software that is given out to a large group of users to trial under real conditions. Beta versions have gone through alpha testing in-house and are generally fairly close in look, feel and function to the final product; however, design changes often occur as part of the process. channel. You can ask to join the Beta Program at Android App Testing on Google Play. Once you have been accepted, click the “Become a Tester” button at the same link.
To test with an apk, you can download
wpandroid-13.2-rc-1-universal.apk from here.
Bugs & Feedback
If you find a bug or want to share a feature request after testing, you can comment on this post, pingPing The act of sending a very small amount of data to an end point. Ping is used in computer science to illicit a response from a target server to test it’s connection. Ping is also a term used by Slack users to @ someone or send them a direct message (DM). Users might say something along the lines of “Ping me when the meeting starts.” one of us in the #mobile room on WordPress.org Slack, or head straight GitHubGitHub GitHub is a website that offers online implementation of git repositories that can easily be shared, copied and modified by other developers. Public repositories are free to host, private repositories require a paid subscription. GitHub introduced the concept of the ‘pull request’ where code changes done in branches by contributors can be reviewed and discussed before being merged be the repository owner. https://github.com/ and open an issue—please see “Where to Report” below.
What to Test
- Create test accounts at LinkedIn, Tumblr, and Twitter for testing Sharing connections.
- Have an Author or Subscriber user role setup for at least one test site.
- Add some files to a WordPress.comWordPress.com An online implementation of WordPress code that lets you immediately access a new WordPress environment to publish your content. WordPress.com is a private company owned by Automattic that hosts the largest multisite in the world. This is arguably the best place to start blogging if you have never touched WordPress before. https://wordpress.com/ test site and click to download them while logged out to generate some stats for testing the new File Downloads section in Stats.
- Set up a Jetpack site for testing if you don’t already have one. You can use jurassic.ninja to quickly create a Jetpack testing site.
- Go to My Site > Settings > Use BlockBlock Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience. Editor to enable the block editor for new posts.
- 10362 Go to My Site and make sure the new quick action buttons work. Check that tapping on Site Name or URLURL A specific web address of a website or web page on the Internet, such as a website’s URL www.wordpress.org opens site preview. Log in to a test site as an author or subscriber role and note that the Pages button is not there.
- 10378 Go to My Site > Sharing and connect a LinkedIn, Tumblr, and Twitter account then make sure sharing works as expected. If you already had any connected, disconnect and reconnect them.
- 10276 Go to My Site > Blog Posts, select Everyone in the author filterFilter Filters are one of the two types of Hooks https://codex.wordpress.org/Plugin_API/Hooks. They provide a way for functions to modify data of other functions. They are the counterpart to Actions. Unlike Actions, filters are meant to work in an isolated manner, and should never have side effects such as affecting global variables and output., check that both list view and cards view (icon at top right) show an author name. Select Me in the author filter and check that the author name is not shown.
- 10411 From a WordPress.com site, go to My Site > Stats > Days/Weeks/Months/Years and scroll until you see the File Downloads card. Does everything look good? Are the numbers correct? Repeat the test from a Jetpack site and check that the File Downloads card is not there.
- 10425 Go to Profile and check that the following notice appears, “Notification Settings can now be found in the Notifications tab.” Find the Notification Settings in the Notifications tab and make sure they work as expected.
- Block Editor: create and publish post using all of the available blocks (Paragraph, Heading, Image, Lists, Separator, Page Break, Quote, More) and check that each one works as expected.
Where to Report
- WordPress-Android on GitHub for non-block-editor issues.
- gutenberg-mobile on GitHub for block editor issues.
- This post for questions, feedback, or issues you’re not sure how to report in GitHub.
Thanks for testing! ❤️