WordPress for Android version 13.0-rc-1 is available for testing on the BetaBeta A pre-release of software that is given out to a large group of users to trial under real conditions. Beta versions have gone through alpha testing in-house and are generally fairly close in look, feel and function to the final product; however, design changes often occur as part of the process. channel. You can ask to join the Beta Program at Android App Testing on Google Play. Once you have been accepted, click the “Become a Tester” button at the same link.
Bugs & Feedback
If you find a bug or want to share a feature request after testing, you can comment on this post, pingPing The act of sending a very small amount of data to an end point. Ping is used in computer science to illicit a response from a target server to test it’s connection. Ping is also a term used by Slack users to @ someone or send them a direct message (DM). Users might say something along the lines of “Ping me when the meeting starts.” one of us in the #mobile room on WordPress.org Slack, or head straight GitHubGitHub GitHub is a website that offers online implementation of git repositories that can can easily be shared, copied and modified by other developers. Public repositories are free to host, private repositories require a paid subscription. GitHub introduced the concept of the ‘pull request’ where code changes done in branches by contributors can be reviewed and discussed before being merged be the repository owner. https://github.com/ and open an issue—please see Where to Report below.
Noteworthy: this release contains an update to how the blockBlock Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience. editor is auto-enabled in the app—it has moved from an app-wide setting in your profile to a per-site setting in site settings.
What to Test
- Delete the app, do a fresh install, tap “Log in”, tap “Help” at top right and verify the app does not crash. (10302)
- Go to My Sites > Settings and observe the “Use block editor” setting is disabled. Open any post containing blocks. Go to My Sites > Settings and observe the “Use block editor” setting is now enabled. (10254)
- Go to My Sites > Settings and disable the “Use block editor” setting. Close and re-open the app. Switch sites. Switch back. Check to make sure the classic editor opens for the site where “Use block editor” was disabled when creating a new post or editing a post created with the classic editor. (10254)
- Try to break the “Use block editor” setting. Does it do anything you did not expect? (10254)
Start a new post in the block editor.Open an existing post or draft that has content already, tap on the title, tap the + icon at bottom left, check that an “Add Block Here” indicator is shown. (1219)
- Open a post, select the post title, add any “non-text” block (
page break), and make sure the cursor is no longer active in the post title. (1231)
- Open a post that has an image block in it, add a caption, select caption text and add formatting (i.e. bold), verify the image caption remains horizontally centered. (1243, gutenberg/16722)
- Go to Sites > Switch Site, click on the + button at top right, enter a site address and verify an error is only shown if you have not typed anything for at least 2 seconds and that the Next button is only enabled if the URLURL A specific web address of a website or web page on the Internet, such as a website’s URL www.wordpress.org is valid. (10255)
- Log out, tap “Log in”, tap “Login by entering your site address”, enter a self-hosted site address and verify an error is only shown if you have not typed anything for at least 2 seconds and that the Next button is only enabled if the URL is valid. (10255)
- Go to
Settings > General > AccessibilityAccessibility Accessibility (commonly shortened to a11y) refers to the design of products, devices, services, or environments for people with disabilities. The concept of accessible design ensures both “direct access” (i.e. unassisted) and “indirect access” meaning compatibility with a person’s assistive technology (for example, computer screen readers). (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accessibility) > VoiceOverSettings > Accessibility > TalkBack and toggle the setting on. Go to Stats and explore. Is anything broken? (10274, 10277)
- Browse through various screens from the app and look for any colors different from Color Studio v2.0.0 colors. (10283)
You can more details about updates to version 13.0 in the related PRs targeting 13.0.
Where to Report
- WordPress-Android on GitHub for non-block-editor issues.
- gutenberg-mobile on GitHub for block editor issues.
- This post for questions, feedback, or issues you’re not sure how to report in GitHub.
Thanks for testing! ❤️