WordPress for Android version 12.8-rc-1 is available for testing on the BetaBeta A pre-release of software that is given out to a large group of users to trial under real conditions. Beta versions have gone through alpha testing in-house and are generally fairly close in look, feel and function to the final product; however, design changes often occur as part of the process. channel. Request to join the Beta Program at Android App Testing on Google Play. Once you have been accepted, click the “Become a Tester” button at the same link.
Bugs & Feedback
If you find a bug or come up with a feature request while testing, you can discuss it here, pingPing The act of sending a very small amount of data to an end point. Ping is used in computer science to illicit a response from a target server to test it’s connection. Ping is also a term used by Slack users to @ someone or send them a direct message (DM). Users might say something along the lines of “Ping me when the meeting starts.” one of us in the #mobile room on WordPress.org Slack, or head straight GitHubGitHub GitHub is a website that offers online implementation of git repositories that can can easily be shared, copied and modified by other developers. Public repositories are free to host, private repositories require a paid subscription. GitHub introduced the concept of the ‘pull request’ where code changes done in branches by contributors can be reviewed and discussed before being merged be the repository owner. https://github.com/ and open an issue—please see Where to Report below.
What to Test
- Using 12.8-rc-1 or later, go to Me > App Settings > Use BlockBlock Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience. Editor to enable GutenbergGutenberg The Gutenberg project is the new Editor Interface for WordPress. The editor improves the process and experience of creating new content, making writing rich content much simpler. It uses ‘blocks’ to add richness rather than shortcodes, custom HTML etc. https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/ Mobile for testing on new posts. Posts created using Gutenberg on the web should open in Gutenberg on the app regardless of what is selected in App Settings.
- Widgets for All-time, Today, Weekly Stats are now available for your device home screen. (10122)
- Block editor: Open the editor (a new post or existing post), select the Post Title field, delete any existing title content, and paste some text inside the empty Post Title. Check that pasting works as expected. Press Enter and check that it creates a new block and that gets focus as expected. (16116)
- Under My Sites > Stats in the Posts and Pages, Authors, Tags and Categories sections, a percentage bar has been added to graphically show the impact of each item. (10073)
- On a site using Jetpack, go to My Sites > Blog Posts and tap the search button. Try different searches and confirm that the search results work as expected. (10023)
Where to Report
- WordPress-Android on GitHub for non-block-editor issues.
- gutenberg-mobile on GitHub for block editor issues.
- This post for questions, feedback, or issues you’re not sure how to report in GitHub.
Thanks for testing! ❤️