WordPress for Android version 12.4-rc-2 is available for testing on the BetaBeta A pre-release of software that is given out to a large group of users to trial under real conditions. Beta versions have gone through alpha testing in-house and are generally fairly close in look, feel and function to the final product; however, design changes often occur as part of the process. channel.
- The blog posts list screen has been updated: posts are now displayed in different tabs based on their status, you can filterFilter Filters are one of the two types of Hooks https://codex.wordpress.org/Plugin_API/Hooks. They provide a way for functions to modify data of other functions. They are the counterpart to Actions. Unlike Actions, filters are meant to work in an isolated manner, and should never have side effects such as affecting global variables and output. posts by their author and toggle to a compact view.
- In the Stats Insights screen, you can now select the most relevant stats by tapping the “Edit” button.
- In the reader, audio files embedded in post can now be played.
- App download size is now much smaller.
What to Test
- Blog Posts List:
- Go to My Site > Blog Posts. Notice there are separate sections (Published, Draft, Scheduled, TrashTrash Trash in WordPress is like the Recycle Bin on your PC or Trash in your Macintosh computer. Users with the proper permission level (administrators and editors) have the ability to delete a post, page, and/or comments. When you delete the item, it is moved to the trash folder where it will remain for 30 days.) with only the relevant posts in each section. (Main PR #9233)
- Swipe or tap to change tabs and notice the New Post button in the bottom right is visible only on the first two tabs + there is a fadeIn/out animation for the button.
- Change a post’s status and confirm it moves to the correct tab.
- Trash a post and confirm it’s removed from its current tab; undo trashing the post (from the snackbar notice) and confirm it reappears on the same tab where it was before. (PR #9588)
- On a multi-user site, confirm that an author selector appears next to the tabs and you can switch between posts by Me and Everyone, with the correct posts appearing according to the selected filter. (PR #9484)
- On a site with no blog posts, confirm the expected messages appear about the empty screen and call to action. (PR #9287)
- Stats Insights:
- Go to My Site > Stats > Insights. If needed, follow the instructions on-screen to install Jetpack to enable the stats feature.
- Scroll to the bottom of the insights screen and select “Edit.” Confirm a “Manage insights” screen appears to let you customize what stats appear on the Insights tab. Add/remove/reorder items and confirm the changes appear on the Insights tab as expected. (PR #9501)
- On the Insights tab, next to each Insights blockBlock Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience. title, tap on the 3-dot menu to reorder or remove the block. (PR #9047)
- Audio in the Reader:
- Go to Reader and find a post with an audio file embedded in it. (If you follow sites in the Reader, you can publish a post with audio on a site you follow to see it appear at the top of your Followed Sites list.) Ensure embedded audio plays when tapped.
Find all other changes/fixes and details in the related PRs targeting 12.4.
Bugs & Feedback
Did you find a bug or come up with a feature request while testing? You can discuss it here, pingPing The act of sending a very small amount of data to an end point. Ping is used in computer science to illicit a response from a target server to test it’s connection. Ping is also a term used by Slack users to @ someone or send them a direct message (DM). Users might say something along the lines of “Ping me when the meeting starts.” one of us in the #mobile room on WordPress.org Slack, report or head straight to the Android GitHub repository and open a new issue.
Thanks for testing!