WordPress for Android version 12.1-rc-1 is available for testing on the BetaBeta A pre-release of software that is given out to a large group of users to trial under real conditions. Beta versions have gone through alpha testing in-house and are generally fairly close in look, feel and function to the final product; however, design changes often occur as part of the process. channel.
What to Test:
- Editor: Sharing pictures to WordPress now opens the blockBlock Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience. editor. To test, select a photo in the Photos app and share it to WordPress. Select a test site and choose “Add to new post” to start a new post with that photo in the block editor. (PR #9442)
- Refreshed posts stats details screen. To view it, go to Blog Posts > Stats for an individual post or Stats > Posts & Pages > Select a post or page. (PR #9435)
- Refreshed View All stats screen. To view it, go to Stats, find a stats module with a “View All” button, and select it (this is more likely on stats screens with more views, e.g. the Years tab). (PR #9448)
- Visual update to Today’s stats, All-Time stats, and Most Popular stats blocks on Stats Insights tab. To view it, go to Stats > Insights and confirm the 2-column layout in these blocks displays your stats correctly. (PR #9453)
- Notifications: You can now swipe between tab filters (All, Unread, Comments, etc.) in notifications. (PR #9421)
- Design improvements for the site creation flow. (PR #9410)
- Find all other changes/fixes and details in the related PRs targeting 12.1.
Bugs & Feedback
Did you find a bug or come up with a feature request while testing? You can discuss it here, pingPing The act of sending a very small amount of data to an end point. Ping is used in computer science to illicit a response from a target server to test it’s connection. Ping is also a term used by Slack users to @ someone or send them a direct message (DM). Users might say something along the lines of “Ping me when the meeting starts.” one of us in the #mobile WordPress.org Slack room or head straight to the Android GitHub repository and open a new issue.
Thanks for testing!