WordPress for Android version 12.0-rc-1 is available for testing on the BetaBeta A pre-release of software that is given out to a large group of users to trial under real conditions. Beta versions have gone through alpha testing in-house and are generally fairly close in look, feel and function to the final product; however, design changes often occur as part of the process. channel.
What to Test:
- BlockBlock Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience. Editor: The block editor for the apps is still in beta. Check out the block editor announcement post for details about what to expect and how to test it.
- When a heading was inserted in the block editor it would show with no formatting. We have now fixed this.
- Stats: We have made some small improvements to stats, including adding a new section to show your site’s posting activity. (PR #9330)
Bug Fixes & Enhancements
- Editor: New posts are now created as drafts to make sure they won’t be published accidentally. To test, go through the steps in the original issue and the test cases in the PR to confirm they work as expected. Also, get creative and test any other cases around creating, saving, scheduling, publishing, and updating posts to confirm the fix hasn’t introduced any unintended changes. (PR #9322)
- Editor: The block editor now opens faster with large posts. To test, create a post with a lot of content in the block editor and open it in the app. Possible cases to test include older devices and Android versions, rotating the device while the post loads, losing the internet connection while the post loads, or putting the app in the background while the post loads. (PR #9370)
- Notifications: The Notifications screen now uses tabs to filterFilter Filters are one of the two types of Hooks https://codex.wordpress.org/Plugin_API/Hooks. They provide a way for functions to modify data of other functions. They are the counterpart to Actions. Unlike Actions, filters are meant to work in an isolated manner, and should never have side effects such as affecting global variables and output. different types of notifications. To test, navigate around the notifications tabs and your notification details and confirm the tabs work as expected. Confirm the tabs work as expected on different device sizes/orientations and UIUI UI is an acronym for User Interface - the layout of the page the user interacts with. Think ‘how are they doing that’ and less about what they are doing. languages. (PR #9355)
- Find all other changes/fixes and details in the related PRs targeting 12.0.
Bugs & Feedback
Did you find a bug or come up with a feature request while testing? You can discuss it here, pingPing The act of sending a very small amount of data to an end point. Ping is used in computer science to illicit a response from a target server to test it’s connection. Ping is also a term used by Slack users to @ someone or send them a direct message (DM). Users might say something along the lines of “Ping me when the meeting starts.” one of us in the #mobile WordPress.org Slack room or head straight to the Android GitHub repository and open a new issue.
Thanks for testing!