WordPress for iOSiOS The operating system used on iPhones and iPads. version 11.8 betaBeta A pre-release of software that is given out to a large group of users to trial under real conditions. Beta versions have gone through alpha testing in-house and are generally fairly close in look, feel and function to the final product; however, design changes often occur as part of the process. is available for testing on TestFlight.
Not part of the beta program yet? Please sign up for our TestFlight program to join as a beta tester.
What to Test
- You can now share a site via Reader. Try it out: Go to Reader > Search and search for a site. Then, select the site and tap the share icon in the top right.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes editing a local copy of a draft post, then discarding changes, would delete the whole post instead.
- Fixed a bug in Reader where the app sometimes crashed when showing a post with a video.
- Fixed some UIUI UI is an acronym for User Interface - the layout of the page the user interacts with. Think ‘how are they doing that’ and less about what they are doing. layout errors where elements overlapped or had wrong sizes in some cases.
- Find all other changes/fixes in the related PRs targeting 11.8.
Bugs & Feedback
Did you find a bug or come up with a feature request while testing? You can discuss it here, pingPing The act of sending a very small amount of data to an end point. Ping is used in computer science to illicit a response from a target server to test it’s connection. Ping is also a term used by Slack users to @ someone or send them a direct message (DM). Users might say something along the lines of “Ping me when the meeting starts.” one of us in the #mobile WordPress.org Slack room, report it using the TestFlight feedback link, or head straight to the iOS GitHub repository and open a new issue.
Thanks for testing!