WordPress for Android version 11.8-rc-1 is available for testing on the BetaBeta A pre-release of software that is given out to a large group of users to trial under real conditions. Beta versions have gone through alpha testing in-house and are generally fairly close in look, feel and function to the final product; however, design changes often occur as part of the process. channel.
What to Test:
- In Stats, a date selector to move to the next/previous time period has been added.
Bug Fixes & Enhancements
- Unused location permissions have been removed.
- Quick Start experience (for new signups in the app) has been improved.
- Small visual tweaks in the Stats pages.
- Find all other changes/fixes and details in the related PRs targeting 11.8.
Bugs & Feedback
Did you find a bug or come up with a feature request while testing? You can discuss it here, pingPing The act of sending a very small amount of data to an end point. Ping is used in computer science to illicit a response from a target server to test it’s connection. Ping is also a term used by Slack users to @ someone or send them a direct message (DM). Users might say something along the lines of “Ping me when the meeting starts.” one of us in the #mobile WordPress.org Slack room or head straight to the Android GitHub repository and open a new issue.
Thanks for testing!