WordPress for Android version 11.6-rc-1 is available for testing on the BetaBeta A pre-release of software that is given out to a large group of users to trial under real conditions. Beta versions have gone through alpha testing in-house and are generally fairly close in look, feel and function to the final product; however, design changes often occur as part of the process. channel.
What to Test:
- This is the first version of our refreshed stats! It’s completely rebuilt in the new design. (To test and use stats, go to My Sites > Stats and connect or log in to Jetpack.)
- New privacy settings let you remove geolocation from uploaded images.
- The Notifications list layout is more readable, as is the Me tab on tablets and large devices.
- Better messaging when there is no data to show in the stats screen adds clarity.
- There was an issue where only admins of self-hosted sites could update their password. Now all users can.
- There were a lot of other improvements made in this release that aren’t being called out in this post. For the main WordPress Android application you can view the entire list here.
Bugs & Feedback
Did you find a bug or come up with a feature request while testing? You can discuss it here, pingPing The act of sending a very small amount of data to an end point. Ping is used in computer science to illicit a response from a target server to test it’s connection. Ping is also a term used by Slack users to @ someone or send them a direct message (DM). Users might say something along the lines of “Ping me when the meeting starts.” one of us in the #mobile WordPress.org Slack room or head straight to the Android GitHub repository and open a new issue.
Thanks for testing!