WordPress for iOSiOS The operating system used on iPhones and iPads. version 11.3 betaBeta A pre-release of software that is given out to a large group of users to trial under real conditions. Beta versions have gone through alpha testing in-house and are generally fairly close in look, feel and function to the final product; however, design changes often occur as part of the process. is available for testing on TestFlight. Not part of the beta program yet? Please sign up for our TestFlight program to join as a beta tester.
What to Test
- We’ve added support for Post RevisionsRevisions The WordPress revisions system stores a record of each saved draft or published update. The revision system allows you to see what changes were made in each revision by dragging a slider (or using the Next/Previous buttons). The display indicates what has changed in each revision., which allow you to view a history of changes to a post. You can even roll back to a specific revision, if necessary! To get started, open a post or page in the editor and select the History item in the ellipsis (…) menu to view its revisions.
- We’ve made improvements to the editor for GutenbergGutenberg The Gutenberg project is the new Editor Interface for WordPress. The editor improves the process and experience of creating new content, making writing rich content much simpler. It uses ‘blocks’ to add richness rather than shortcodes, custom HTML etc. https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/ compatibility.
- We’ve brought back support for YouTube and Vimeo embeds!
- We’ve improved the accuracy of the character count when editing posts.
- Now it’s a little easier to manage the users on your site (uses a filterFilter Filters are one of the two types of Hooks https://codex.wordpress.org/Plugin_API/Hooks. They provide a way for functions to modify data of other functions. They are the counterpart to Actions. Unlike Actions, filters are meant to work in an isolated manner, and should never have side effects such as affecting global variables and output. bar instead of a dropdown).
- There were a lot of other improvements made in this release that aren’t being called out in this post. For the main WordPress iOS application you can view the entire list here.
Bugs & Feedback
Did you find a bug or come up with a feature request while testing? You can discuss it here, pingPing The act of sending a very small amount of data to an end point. Ping is used in computer science to illicit a response from a target server to test it’s connection. Ping is also a term used by Slack users to @ someone or send them a direct message (DM). Users might say something along the lines of “Ping me when the meeting starts.” one of us in the #mobile WordPress.org Slack room, report it using the TestFlight feedback link, or head straight to the iOS GitHub repository and open a new issue.
Thanks for testing!