WordPress for iOSiOS The operating system used on iPhones and iPads. version 9.9 betaBeta A pre-release of software that is given out to a large group of users to trial under real conditions. Beta versions have gone through alpha testing in-house and are generally fairly close in look, feel and function to the final product; however, design changes often occur as part of the process. is available for testing on TestFlight. Not part of the beta program yet? Please sign up for our TestFlight program to join as a beta tester.
What to Test:
1. New Features
- Free Stock Photos are now available in the App!
- Spotlight now indexes key sections of the App!
- Setting up Jetpack within the app now allows a new WP.com account to be created at the same time.
- Enabled multiple selection in the document picker.
2. Bug Fixes
- Signup Epilogue: Some small UIUI UI is an acronym for User Interface - the layout of the page the user interacts with. Think ‘how are they doing that’ and less about what they are doing. fixes.
There were a lot of other improvements made in this release that aren’t being called out in this post. For the main WordPress iOS application you can view the entire list here.
Bugs & Feedback
Did you find a bug or come up with a feature request while testing? You can discuss it here, pingPing The act of sending a very small amount of data to an end point. Ping is used in computer science to illicit a response from a target server to test it’s connection. Ping is also a term used by Slack users to @ someone or send them a direct message (DM). Users might say something along the lines of “Ping me when the meeting starts.” one of us in the #mobile WordPress.org Slack room, report it using the TestFlight feedback link, or head straight to the iOS GitHub repository and open a new issue.
Thanks for testing!