WordPress for iOSiOS The operating system used on iPhones and iPads. version 9.1 betaBeta A pre-release of software that is given out to a large group of users to trial under real conditions. Beta versions have gone through alpha testing in-house and are generally fairly close in look, feel and function to the final product; however, design changes often occur as part of the process. is available for testing on TestFlight. Not part of the beta program yet? Please sign up for our TestFlight program to join as a beta tester.
What to Test:
1. PluginPlugin A plugin is a piece of software containing a group of functions that can be added to a WordPress website. They can extend functionality or add new features to your WordPress websites. WordPress plugins are written in the PHP programming language and integrate seamlessly with WordPress. These can be free in the WordPress.org Plugin Directory https://wordpress.org/plugins/ or can be cost-based plugin from a third-party Management
- Browse the plugins installed on your site.
- Activate/deactivate plugins.
- Enable/disable autoupdates for plugins.
- Update plugins.
- Remove plugins.
- Link to the plugin home page.
2. General Improvements
- Site Settings, Writing: You can configure the Date and Time format and the Start of Week on site settings.
- Big fix, Editor, Links in Chinese: Links now work properly with Chinese text.
3. Several Bug Fixes
There were a lot of other improvements made in this release that aren’t being called out in this post. For the main WordPress iOS application you can view the entire list here, and specifically for the new Editor here.
Bugs & Feedback
Did you find a bug or come up with a feature request while testing? You can discuss it here, pingPing The act of sending a very small amount of data to an end point. Ping is used in computer science to illicit a response from a target server to test it’s connection. Ping is also a term used by Slack users to @ someone or send them a direct message (DM). Users might say something along the lines of “Ping me when the meeting starts.” one of us in the #mobile WordPress.org Slack room, report it using the TestFlight feedback link, or head straight to the iOS GitHub repository and open a new issue.
Thanks for testing!