WordPress for iOSiOS The operating system used on iPhones and iPads. version 8.8 betaBeta A pre-release of software that is given out to a large group of users to trial under real conditions. Beta versions have gone through alpha testing in-house and are generally fairly close in look, feel and function to the final product; however, design changes often occur as part of the process. is available for testing on TestFlight. Not part of the beta program yet? Please sign up for our TestFlight program to join as a beta tester.
What to Test:
Several Bug Fixes & Improvements
- Bug Fix, Login: Validation issues when pressing enter in the 2fa field issue
- Bug Fix, Notifications: Fixing Squashed Gravatars in Comments issue
- Bug Fix, Notifications: Links in Comments are now actionable issue
- Bug Fix, Media Library: fix download of images org basic auth issue
- Bug Fix, Post Options: Fixed tag loading for WordPress.orgWordPress.org The community site where WordPress code is created and shared by the users. This is where you can download the source code for WordPress core, plugins and themes as well as the central location for community conversations and organization. https://wordpress.org/ sites issue
- Bug Fix, Jetpack: Support for comment likes on Jetpack sites issue
- Bug Fix, Login: 2FA field should only accept numbers issue
You can view the entire list here.
Bugs & Feedback
Did you find a bug or come up with a feature request while testing? You can discuss it here, pingPing The act of sending a very small amount of data to an end point. Ping is used in computer science to illicit a response from a target server to test it’s connection. Ping is also a term used by Slack users to @ someone or send them a direct message (DM). Users might say something along the lines of “Ping me when the meeting starts.” one of us in the #mobile WordPress.org Slack room, report it using the TestFlight feedback link, or head straight to the iOS GitHub repository and open a new issue.
Thanks for testing!