WordPress for iOSiOS The operating system used on iPhones and iPads. version 8.2 betaBeta A pre-release of software that is given out to a large group of users to trial under real conditions. Beta versions have gone through alpha testing in-house and are generally fairly close in look, feel and function to the final product; however, design changes often occur as part of the process. is available for testing on TestFlight. Not part of the beta program yet? Please sign up for our TestFlight program to join as a beta tester.
What to Test:
1. General improvements
- Author filtering on post lists for Jetpack and self-hosted sites.
- Ability to choose the size of uploaded videos.
2. Aztec Native Editor
We continue to improve the new native editor, the most notable fixes on this release are:
- Lists and blockBlock Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience. quotes working great together.
- Support for editing additional image attributes.
- Simple undo support for all attachment modifications.
You can view the entire list here.
3. Several Bug Fixes & Improvements
There were a lot of other improvements made in this release that aren’t being called out in this post. You can view the entire list here.
Bugs & Feedback
Did you find a bug or come up with a feature request while testing? You can discuss it here, pingPing The act of sending a very small amount of data to an end point. Ping is used in computer science to illicit a response from a target server to test it’s connection. Ping is also a term used by Slack users to @ someone or send them a direct message (DM). Users might say something along the lines of “Ping me when the meeting starts.” one of us in the #mobile WordPress.org Slack room, report it using the TestFlight feedback link, or head straight to the iOS GitHub repository and open a new issue.
Thanks for testing!