The WordPress for iOSiOS The operating system used on iPhones and iPads. 6.6 betaBeta A pre-release of software that is given out to a large group of users to trial under real conditions. Beta versions have gone through alpha testing in-house and are generally fairly close in look, feel and function to the final product; however, design changes often occur as part of the process. will be available for testing on TestFlight soon. Not part of the beta program yet? Please sign up for our TestFlight program to request to join as a beta tester.
- Animated GIFs in Blog Posts List: The Blog Posts list (on the My Sites tab) now supports animated GIFs.
- Add an animated GIF as the featured imageFeatured image A featured image is the main image used on your blog archive page and is pulled when the post or page is shared on social media. The image can be used to display in widget areas on your site or in a summary list of posts. or the only image in a blog post. Save or publish the post, and view the post in your Blog Posts list. The image should animate.
- Try adding very large GIFs, or multiple GIFs to a post, and let us know if anything unexpected happens (such as the app slowing down or crashing).
- Backend Changes to Notifications: Notifications got revamped under the hood (backend changes). There shouldn’t be any noticeable changes, but please pay attention to any bugs with notifications in this version.
In addition to testing new features and changes, as beta testers we can give feedback about the flow through the WordPress app. (Not sure what I mean? Check out how the WordPress Flow team tests and what we mean by flow.)
Here are some things to consider or try out in this release:
- Take a screenshot of each step as you test the animated GIFs and/or notifications above. Upload your screenshots (you can create a gallery on Cloudup) and share them in a comment here.
- Describe how the process makes you feel and whether you were able to finish the entire task or process you started.
- When you finish the process (posting/viewing your animated GIF or checking your notifications), what do you want to do next? Is there a clear path to continue on to your next task?
Bugs & Feedback
Did you find a bug or come up with a feature request while testing? You can discuss it here, report it using the TestFlight feedback link, or head straight to the iOS Github repository and open a new issue.
Thanks for testing!