Handbook Editing Update
I’ve now worked through all sections of the mobile handbook and it’s looking good.
- I’ve removed ‘review’ from the title of pages which I’ve edited. These are now done.
- Any pages which still need some work are still marked ‘review’. Notes on these are below.
- Some pages are still marked as ‘drafting’. It would be helpful if when these pages are complete the authors can let me know by adding a comment to this post, thanks.
Status by Section
The status of the sections is as follows:
- Communication – complete
- iOSiOS The operating system used on iPhones and iPads. – most of this section is still being drafted
- Android – complete
- Blackberry – all complete except for the ‘testing’ page. See note below.
- Windows Phone – complete except for the ‘testing’ and ‘best practice’ pages. See note below.
- Other apps – Nokia complete, webOS still in draft
- Contribute Design – compete except for the Icons page (in draft) and the introductory page – see note below.
- Support Help – complete
- General Guides – complete
The following are marked as ‘review’ and need some minor changes:
Blackberry Testing page :
I’ve applied the handbook styling to the sections with code but this needs checking that it’s still correct with those changes. Also some text before the code in the ‘remove the apps form the device’ section would be helpful.
Windows Phone Best Practice page:
This page ends very abruptly and as a non-expert reader it left me a little confused as to what to do next. Can a sentence or two be added to round this off?
Windows Phone Introductory page:
The section on accessibilityAccessibility Accessibility (commonly shortened to a11y) refers to the design of products, devices, services, or environments for people with disabilities. The concept of accessible design ensures both “direct access” (i.e. unassisted) and “indirect access” meaning compatibility with a person’s assistive technology (for example, computer screen readers). (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accessibility) is empty and needs content. The section on globalisation needs a bit more explanation.
Contribute Design Introductory Page:
The links in the ‘contributing’ section have no destinations – these need to be added.
Please let me know if you have any questions or when you’ve made any changes to draft or review documents in the comments, than I can give them a final edit. Thanks!