GSoC – week 4 : hard times

This week has been an intense week for me. Due to other duties the work on this project proceeded a little bit slower than expected. Anyway, as I wrote last week, I’ve pointed my attention on how to bind C++ to Cascades. This has been a, some sort of, hard step. The main reason is because the connection in Cascades is a bit diffrent than how I made it with pure QML. The first blockBlock Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience. has been to understand what I exactly need to connect, what kind of calls, signals and others. This has been an hiccup, principally because I had made a long shoot on what I need. So, I’ve been back to my steps, and tried to pick a decision for an actual smaller step.
I’ve created a custom library, and, as a first step I had to deal with the network. I’ve made a first call, connected it with the interaction of the login button, to a c++ class method that uses a QtNetworkRequest to make the call to the WordPress endpoint, then, once the response (the XML) is ready, and we have a QtNetworkReply, I emit a signal with the data. This is the tipical situation that (I think) should be similar for all the other necessary calls.
During the next week I’ll (stress) test this piece of code to see if it’s really working as expected or if there is any hidden bug.
I’ve to say that I’m a bit out of my schedule, but I think I can regain that time almost easily. Nothing to worry about, I think.

#blackberry, #gsoc