Mobile Dev Chat Summary for Nov 28, 2012
- Mobile handbook
- WPiOS Sounds release
- WPWindowsPhone progress
- WPAndroid UI Idea
We’re going to create a WordPress mobile handbook to help new contributors get up to speed quickly when wanting to help out with all things mobile. Some notes:
- We will have a main overview page that will link off to specific instructions on contributing to each app.
- We should also include information for stuff outside of the apps, such as responsive design.
- Each app lead is responsible for writing the page with instructions on getting set up and contributing to the app.
- A google doc spreadsheet is going to be made by the weekend that will help us get the basic outline created for the Handbook.
WPiOS Sounds Release
- App was submitted on Monday!
- We’re not done with sounds, we’d like to continue iterating on them when possible.
WPWindows Phone Progress
- Still waiting on version 1.7.1 to be approved from Microsoft.
- Good progress has been made on version 1.8, which includes better comment moderation support.
WPAndroid UI Idea
- For the next release (Date TBD) we’d like to create an Android 3.0 or higher version of the app that can use the ‘Holo’ theme and also make use of the native action bar.
- We’ll split the APK distribution so that we can still offer the older UI version of the app to Android 2.3 or lower users.
Join us for the next weekly chat Wednesday at 1600 UTC on irc.freenode.net in the #WordPress-Mobile room.