Earlier today a handful of us gathered to talk about life, the universe, and things that may or may not relate to the meta Meta is a term that refers to the inside workings of a group. For us, this is the team that works on internal WordPress sites like WordCamp Central and Make WordPress. team and i18n. Here’s a bit of what we talked about:
- Plugins: Last week imported our first set of plugins into translate.wordpress.org The community site where WordPress code is created and shared by the users. This is where you can download the source code for WordPress core, plugins and themes as well as the central location for community conversations and organization. https://wordpress.org/! Hurrah! Huzzah! 🎤⬇️ And because we were feeling good about it, we also sent out emails to the second batch of plugin A plugin is a piece of software containing a group of functions that can be added to a WordPress website. They can extend functionality or add new features to your WordPress websites. WordPress plugins are written in the PHP programming language and integrate seamlessly with WordPress. These can be free in the WordPress.org Plugin Directory https://wordpress.org/plugins/ or can be cost-based plugin from a third-party authors (~200 plugins). That import will start today or tomorrow and we’ll send out emails for the next import soon.
- Translate: The stats page got some love with the addition of the Waiting column (see #1202) and some improvements to the design (see #1238).
- Theme Directory: @obenland started work on the Translations section by adding a link to translate any theme to the page. Check out the Twenty Sixteen theme page for an example.
- WordCamp WordCamps are casual, locally-organized conferences covering everything related to WordPress. They're one of the places where the WordPress community comes together to teach one another what they’ve learned throughout the year and share the joy. Learn more.: Set things up so the WordCamp theme can be translated (see #1076), pending deployment by the WordCamp team.
- Forums: There was a mention that the Italian forums are not working. @ocean90 will investigate. Additionally, we’ve had a couple of requests for new forums. We think it’s okay to add new ones for testing purposes. For example, an RTL forum would be appropriate.
For the next week, we’re planning to work on the following:
- Import and language pack status of plugins sent to a Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. channel.
- Sorting / Filter Filters are one of the two types of Hooks https://codex.wordpress.org/Plugin_API/Hooks. They provide a way for functions to modify data of other functions. They are the counterpart to Actions. Unlike Actions, filters are meant to work in an isolated manner, and should never have side effects such as affecting global variables and output. UI UI is an acronym for User Interface - the layout of the page the user interacts with. Think ‘how are they doing that’ and less about what they are doing. finished up (or whatever we call it).
- Streamline the process of adding per-project translation editors (see #1237 which requires #1240).
- Work on updated design for project pages in Translate.
- Possibly: More Theme Directory translation section additions.
- Possibly: Rosetta headers fixed up (see #1201).
- Possibly: Job system started.
See y’all next Tuesday at 11:00 UTC!
#forums, #i18n, #l10n, #meeting-notes, #plugins, #stats, #theme-directory, #translations, #wordcamp-org