We met today, like normal, at 11:00 UTC and discussed the following things:
- Translate: Warnings on translate.wordpress.org The community site where WordPress code is created and shared by the users. This is where you can download the source code for WordPress core, plugins and themes as well as the central location for community conversations and organization. https://wordpress.org/ are now being sent to #polyglots-warnings for more transparency and to catch bad actors. (The channel name may change to #polyglots-notices to cover other usages.) Additionally, the “Waiting” tab now shows the full project name instead of just the sub-project name; e.g., “Plugins – Akismet – Development (trunk)” instead of “Development (trunk)” which was less descriptive.
- Plugins: Last week, emails went out to the first batch of plugins. We are ready to begin the import into translate.wordpress.org.
- Forums: @clorith has taken on a plugin A plugin is a piece of software containing a group of functions that can be added to a WordPress website. They can extend functionality or add new features to your WordPress websites. WordPress plugins are written in the PHP programming language and integrate seamlessly with WordPress. These can be free in the WordPress.org Plugin Directory https://wordpress.org/plugins/ or can be cost-based plugin from a third-party! We love new contributors. 🙂
There was no update last week (on this blog) but we also improved the design of the stats page.
Over the next week, we intend to do the following:
- Plugin import, starting today.
- Import and language pack status of plugins sent to a Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. channel.
- Emails for next plugin import batch will go out.
- Sorting / Filter Filters are one of the two types of Hooks https://codex.wordpress.org/Plugin_API/Hooks. They provide a way for functions to modify data of other functions. They are the counterpart to Actions. Unlike Actions, filters are meant to work in an isolated manner, and should never have side effects such as affecting global variables and output. UI UI is an acronym for User Interface - the layout of the page the user interacts with. Think ‘how are they doing that’ and less about what they are doing. finished up (or whatever we call it).
- Possibly: Rosetta headers fixed up.
- Possibly: Jobs system started.
See y’all next week!