Diary dates for the w/c 29 July 2020.
The next meeting will take place on Wednesday 29 July 2020 at 14:00 UTC in the Global WordPress Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. #marketing channel.
Thank you to the Team Reps group and members for their contributions towards this document. If you are reading this on another website and not the make.wordpress.org, please note that we may not be aware of any responses or offers to contribute you make on other sites.
- Welcome, attendance, notes (including a review of draft summaries and actions in the Google document).
We encourage asynchronous contributions in Slack for the 48 hours after a meeting (until 14:00 UTC on Fridays) to help with different timezones.
- Quick peek in our daily lives
- A special welcome to new attendees
Task, working groups and team celebration
4. Celebration time – let’s celebrate our WordPress Marketing accomplishment!
This will be combined with highlights from last week’s collaborations to allow us more time for collaboration work.
Summaries of tasks from the last week
5. Onboarding videos
These are added to the WordPress Contributor Day Handbook on GitHub when complete. If you can help with these, please contact @webcommsat, @OGlekler or @marks99.
Examples of the video step-by-step guides to set up WordPress.org and Make WordPress Slack accounts.
6. Meetup All local/regional gatherings that are officially a part of the WordPress world but are not WordCamps are organized through https://www.meetup.com/. A meetup is typically a chance for local WordPress users to get together and share new ideas and seek help from one another. Searching for ‘WordPress’ on meetup.com will help you find options in your area. survey promotions and updates
If you are a Meetup organizer, please fill in our survey to help us help you in your marketing.
7. Diverse speaker training working group event promotions
You can help amplify the social media promotions – search using #WPDiversity on the WordCamp on Twitter, WordCamp Facebook and Make WordPress Marketing Team on LinkedIn.
8. WordPress 5 Marketing and HelpHub update
9. Staying Connected events and activities
10. Collaboration time
- Marketing the Tide Team – the third session of this collaboration which will be led by @mikerbg and with a member of the Tide Team. We intend to use Google Meet with live captioning, Slack and Google Docs.
- Video conferencing call for those supporting the Q&A tasks
15:30 UTC (later start than usual for this week only).
More on our Questions and Answers work to help promote WordPress Releases
Any other business/ awareness of other related Make WordPress tasks
You can also suggest to one of the team reps the day before the meeting if you have an idea for inclusion at a future meeting.
Planning for the week
12. Sub meetings in the forthcoming week.
The meeting will be formally closed at the end of the collaborations session.
If you need accessibility Accessibility (commonly shortened to a11y) refers to the design of products, devices, services, or environments for people with disabilities. The concept of accessible design ensures both “direct access” (i.e. unassisted) and “indirect access” meaning compatibility with a person’s assistive technology (for example, computer screen readers). (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accessibility) support to participate in any of our work and meetings, please let one of the team reps know in the marketing channel, and we are keen to try and help.
Tuesday 28 July 2020 – 14:00 UTC – gathering comments on HelpHub recategorization relating to Q&A and ‘how to’ marketing / communications information. @estelaris from the design team will be with us. Trello card.
Wednesday 29 July 2020, 14:00 UTC – Global WordPress Marketing Team including the third session collaborating on the Tide team promotion.
Wednesday 29 July 2020, 15.30 UTC – meeting for those supporting the 5.5 Release Q&A
Thursday 30 July 2020, 19:30 UTC – Virtual Coffee Break on video conferencing
Monday 3 August 2020 – Planning meetings (times tbc)
Monday 3 August 2020 – 14:00-14:30 UTC – Q&As for developers/ Meetups for WordPress 5.5. Second follow-up meeting, if needed for Q&A and action group: 18:15 UTC.
Wednesday 5 August 2020, 14:00 UTC Global Marketing Team Meeting.
This will be followed by 15:15 UTC meeting on video continuing collaborations relating to the Q&As.
Thursday 6 August 2020, 19:30 UTC – Virtual Coffee Break, on video conferencing and Slack for those unable to join on video.
Monday 10 August 2020, (Time tbc) – Q&As and related WordPress 5.5 release.
Wednesday 12 August 2020, 14:00 UTC Global Marketing Team Meeting
This will be followed by 15:15 UTC meeting on video continuing collaborations/ sub meetings.
Thursday 13 August 2020, 19:30 UTC – Virtual Coffee Break, on video conferencing and Slack for those unable to join on video.
Staying Connected – advance event dates
Poetry competition now open
- Entries now open
- Closing date 31 August 2020, 17:00 UTC
- Minimum two verses (stanzas), maximum four
- Can be song lyrics, poem or guzzle
- Can be in another language accompanied by an English translation
- Can work on an entry individually or with one other person
- Fun event
Wednesday 26 August 2020, 15:30 UTC – fun social quiz for the team, organized by @majaloncar
Thursday 17 September 2020, 17:00 UTC – Around the World quiz organized by @meher and promoting different cultures and countries in the WordPress community. Followed by a short virtual coffee break.