These notes focus on key items from the meeting and to assist with asynchronous contribution to the Global Marketing Team. For those unable to attend a meeting due to timezone issues, please do join the discussion threads and tasks on Trello Project management system using the concepts of boards and cards to organize tasks in a sane way. This is what the make.wordpress.com/marketing team uses for example: https://trello.com/b/8UGHVBu8/wp-marketing. after the meeting and send your updates.
The meeting discussions on Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. can be found at: https://wordpress.slack.com/archives/C0GKJ7TFA/p1579705290124300
Attended: @harryjackson1221, @michellefrechette, @simonasNaudzius, @darls, @timbb, @Fayazgabol, @OGlekler, @nullbyte, @mta1, @passioniate, @maedahbatool, @carike, @megphillips91, @siobhanseija, @kashifgabol, @sharaz, @JillianMaxwell , @adityakane, @webcommsat.
If you have contributed to the meeting and we do not have your WordPress.org The community site where WordPress code is created and shared by the users. This is where you can download the source code for WordPress core, plugins and themes as well as the central location for community conversations and organization. https://wordpress.org/ ID please contact the notetaker for the day.
Welcome to new contributors joining today @sharaz and @JillianMaxwell
Provide a list of new members joining us today.
Successes of Past Week (WordPress Wins)
Project: WordPress Showcase
Task lead: @harryjackson1221
Trello Card: https://trello.com/c/wQJwSmfT
- Great meetings on the Showcase work during this past week. Thanks to everyone.
- Summary can be found via the P2 P2 or O2 is the term people use to refer to the Make WordPress blog. It can be found at https://make.wordpress.org/. Post https://make.wordpress.org/marketing
- Next Steps: Comments from P2 posts will be used to encourage contributions from everyone, and figure out how to best move forward.
Project: Proposed 2020 Content Marketing
Task lead: @Megphillips91
Update (More on this task in the projects section of the notes)
- Personas and Journey Mapping meeting with Cathi Bosco from WordPress Governance Project planned for next week.
- 91 topic suggestions for a proposed 2020 content marketing strategy. @Carike is managing the spreadsheet and tracking the status.
Project and Task Updates
Summarize any updates from Task Leads that are discussed here.
Project: proposed Content Marketing Plan
Task lead: @MegPhillips91
Trello Card: https://trello.com/c/AxoJHcsM
- Sign up to attend the Personas Meeting with Cathi Bosco (Now Scheduled for Wednesday 29 Jan 2020, 14:00-15:00 UTC)
- Example of Content Planning/Audit tool added to the Marketing Google Drive. The tool helps set measurable goals, buyer personas, buyer journeys content ideas, and content schedule. Used to plan before implementing or creating content.
- Prospective channels and how to take this forward are being discussed. Meg, Yvette, Abha and others to meet to explore this further In the next few weeks.
- Content Planning tool may be helpful in the pitch and development of this proposal, showing the structure, goal and required work needed to complete the proposed goals.
Scheduling Doodle poll for meeting on personas and journey from the experience of the WordPress Governance Project https://doodle.com/poll/58z6xa86xu5gvytq
Content Topics Suggestions: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yHPXIYazN8hu7hIVhtHaJuOuq0jGiBGd1iVvEeoR1Iw/edit#gid=329469429
Content Planning/Audit Tool: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dxmWW2zvnKWH54hrtMkcyKVQZ3VTN8-Q/edit#gid=1394574761
[Note: this is in development and proposal stage, and will come back to the Marketing Team as a more in-depth proposal before it is taken out for wider consultation. Thanks to Meg for leading on developing this task and encouraging contributions from the marketing team. ]
Topic: Discuss the overlap between goals of the showcase and the proposed content marketing plan
Question: How do these work together towards the same goals?
- Showcase End Goal: Real-world examples of solving problems businesses run into using WordPress.
- Proposed Content Marketing Strategy: wider reach potentially. Showcase is a subset of the overall WordPress strategy.
- Not competing initiatives – rather complement each other.
Background note: The Showcase is an existing project which has been through the process and project as a whole including resourcing. It is a main feature of the WordPress.org.
Topic: WordCamp WordCamps are casual, locally-organized conferences covering everything related to WordPress. They're one of the places where the WordPress community comes together to teach one another what they’ve learned throughout the year and share the joy. Learn more. Vienna
Question: Who will be attending the Contributor Day Contributor Days are standalone days, frequently held before or after WordCamps but they can also happen at any time. They are events where people get together to work on various areas of https://make.wordpress.org/ There are many teams that people can participate in, each with a different focus. https://2017.us.wordcamp.org/contributor-day/ https://make.wordpress.org/support/handbook/getting-started/getting-started-at-a-contributor-day/. from the Marketing Team?
- @nullbyte and @OGlekler will be attending the event. Further information has been requested from WordCamp Vienna and the German speaking marketing team on what they have prepared.
- A request for what may be needed and examples of suggested tasks have been sent in December to WordCamp Vienna via the Contributor Events marketing sub group. The take up will depend on The camp’s plans and resources available as with all camps, and as many attendees are expected to be German speaking, any plans by the German speaking marketing team.
Topic: WordCamp Asia
Question: Who will be attending from the Marketing Team?
Request: @adityakane from the Community Team
Call For Contributors: @harryjackson1221Currently looking for contributors to help or take part on the contributor day. Please note, you will need a Contributor Day ticket.
Next Steps: @harryjackson1221 and @webcommsat to talk about incorporating the work on contributing events marketing sub group and linking in with WCEU. TGhere will be multiple languages to be considered for WordCamp Asia.
Wednesday 29 January 2020, 15:00 UTC, in the Marketing Channel Slack.
Thank you everyone who has joined, attended and updated the meeting, or contributed asynchronously in the last few days.