If you are reading these notes on a website other than the Make WordPress Marketing blog, please contact us on the #marketing channel on Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. or via the team’s blog as we may not be aware of comments you add on other sites to be able to reply or help involve you.
1. Welcome, introduction, new contributors
- These summary notes focus on key items and actions from the meeting and to assist with an asynchronous contribution to the Global Marketing Team. For those unable to attend a meeting due to timezone issues, please do join the discussion threads after the meeting and send your updates.
- The meeting discussions on the Marketing team on Slack can be found at this Slack thread
- Meeting led by: @nalininonstopnewsuk and @webcommsat
- Meeting notes: @meher and @webcommsat
- Follow up actions: projects and actions group
- Attendees Slack Thread
- Welcoming new contributors – New Attendees Welcome Thread
@nalininonstopnewsuk has been supporting members and reviewing systems in this area. If anyone has an accessibility Accessibility (commonly shortened to a11y) refers to the design of products, devices, services, or environments for people with disabilities. The concept of accessible design ensures both “direct access” (i.e. unassisted) and “indirect access” meaning compatibility with a person’s assistive technology (for example, computer screen readers). (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accessibility) issue or needs some help with using one of the contributor tools, please let us know or include her (@Nalini on Slack) in your message.
Get involved – starter tasks for new and returning contributors, and those who have pledged to support the team and need assistance to get started
@webcommsat mentioned that during last week’s devchat, Josepha shared the difficulties some contributors are having at this time and encouraged everyone to reach out to our friends.
Thanks to those who have been sharing the problems and impact of Covid with Abha and other members of the projects group in marketing, and we continue to be here for you.
We are very grateful to Josepha and Chloe for adding their voice of support and encouragement, and highlighting the generic information we have been able to brief them on over the months.
For anyone having ongoing acute or prolonged difficulties from the pandemic, we are a team and we will continue to support each other. I hope we can avoid people feeling alone and isolated.