The Marketing team promotes WordPress to current and future users and contributors. We create and amplify campaigns to support the growth of the WordPress project.
If you are reading these notes on a website other than the Make WordPress Marketing blog, please contact us on the #marketing channel on SlackSlack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. or via the team’s blog as we may not be aware of comments you add on other sites to be able to reply or help involve you.
Link to the start of the meeting on Marketing Slack to help with async contributions.
1. Welcome, Introduction
These summary notes focus on key items and actions from the meeting and assist with an asynchronous contribution to the Global Marketing Team. For those unable to attend a meeting due to timezone issues please do join the discussion threads after the meeting and send your updates.
- The meeting discussions on the Marketing team on Slack can be found at this Slack thread
- Meeting Agenda
- Meeting facilitated by Team Reps: @lmurillom @EidolonNight @nalininonstopnewsuk
- Meeting notes: @ugyensupport
- Reviewed: @lmurillom, @nalininonstopnewsuk
- For those new to the team, the New Contributor Orientation section of the Handbook can be a good place to start.
2. Getting to know the team and help to take part
- Meeting attendees: participants (Slack Thread for those who signed-in)
- Social question of the week from @nalininonstopnewsuk: “What is your favorite board-based game and what was the most useful thing you have learnt from playing it?” See participant responses via this Slack thread (link).
3. Notes and volunteer opportunities
- Thank you to @bjmcsherry for drafting 13 April 2022 notes and @lmurillom and @nalininonstopnewsuk for reviewing it.
Notetakers for coming weeks – you can join our group of contributors taking part in producing notes by volunteering when you see a call for note-takers during our meetings or adding your name to the weekly GitHubGitHub GitHub is a website that offers online implementation of git repositories that can easily be shared, copied and modified by other developers. Public repositories are free to host, private repositories require a paid subscription. GitHub introduced the concept of the ‘pull request’ where code changes done in branches by contributors can be reviewed and discussed before being merged be the repository owner. https://github.com/ card.
We are always looking for contributors to open the virtual coffee shop for the bi-weekly coffee break. Check out the GitHub card and add your name to the list!
4. Project Updates
4a) Newsletters, Campaigns and Events
Updates via @lmurillom
- The Polyglots Newsletter for March 2022 – thanks to all who contributed. Please read, share and sign up for their updates.
- @nao has shared a draft of the April Polyglots Newsletter and a separate P2P2 P2 or O2 is the term people use to refer to the Make WordPress blog. It can be found at https://make.wordpress.org/. post to go along with it, for review and feedback. [Post meeting: this has now been published]
- #GrowYourStory campaign: @jpantani has added in a status update in the GitHub card for Grow Your Story. Read about the campaign and share your WordPress experience in this blog post.
- Reminder that there is an ongoing call for topic ideas for WP Briefing podcast. Add your ideas to the discussion on GitHub or contact @santanainniss on Slack
- @EidolonNight will be doing a documentation sprint this Friday. If you would like to contribute, additional details are in this GitHub issue.
4b) Social media status
- We continue to ask that new contributors help with: WordPress.org Social Media Amplification.
- Thanks to @bjmcsherry for updating Stats – Performance: Our audience across all networks grew by 693 followers last week. That brings our total audience to 2,037,458 followers.
We saw excellent engagement overall with many of our campaigns including the ‘WordPress 6.0 BetaBeta A pre-release of software that is given out to a large group of users to trial under real conditions. Beta versions have gone through alpha testing in-house and are generally fairly close in look, feel and function to the final product; however, design changes often occur as part of the process. 1′ announcement, and ‘Openverse’ posts in some of our best examples throughout the week.
- Impressions: 1,565,550
- Engagements: 7,145
- Link clicks: 2,206
- Messages received: 27
4c) GitHub Updates and Links
Updates via @nalininonstopnewsuk
- The central GitHub repository and task board is at this link: Marketing Tasks GitHub board
- If any of our new or existing contributors have specific help requests which are not currently logged on the spreadsheet, please do add them and your GitHub ID so someone can try and help you.
- Please note, if a Newsletter, Notes etc are published, please add the link to the GitHub card as a status update, and who has been involved. Then the card can be closed by the Team Reps.
- You can add suggestions/ input into next week’s meeting and activity on its GitHub card
4d) Contributor events updates
Updates via @nalininonstopnewsuk: nothing new received in.
- Request to @jpantani for any update on WordCampWordCamp WordCamps are casual, locally-organized conferences covering everything related to WordPress. They're one of the places where the WordPress community comes together to teach one another what they’ve learned throughout the year and share the joy. Learn more. Europe contributor dayContributor Day Contributor Days are standalone days, frequently held before or after WordCamps but they can also happen at any time. They are events where people get together to work on various areas of https://make.wordpress.org/ There are many teams that people can participate in, each with a different focus. https://2017.us.wordcamp.org/contributor-day/ https://make.wordpress.org/support/handbook/getting-started/getting-started-at-a-contributor-day/. and the marketing table
5) Diary dates
Updates via @lmurillom
- Coffee break on Thursday 7 April 2022 at 18:30/ 6.30pm UTC will be facilitated by @santanainniss. This bi-weekly social hour is held by the Make Marketing team for all WordPress Marketing contributors, and occasional guests. Stop by and meet some of the friendly faces marketing WordPress.
- Check out the Google Calendar with meetings, collaborations, and social activities and the Forthcoming Diary Dates post for reminders.