We are currently experimenting with the notes-taking process for the weekly Marketing meeting: what content we record in the notes, and for what purpose. This iteration includes a focus on reporting team news and noting where discussion was generated in the meeting, both live and async.
Please add any comments on the related Marketing Tasks GitHub issue or in the #marketing channel on the Make WordPress Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/..
Contributor events update
WordCamp Asia Contributor Day is February 17, 2023. Please add your name to the card if you intend to be at/ involved in WC ASia Contributor Day, whether in person or remote. Please add ideas for contribution tasks whether or not you can attend! GitHub ticket #108: https://github.com/WordPress/Marketing-Team/issues/108
- Marketing table leads for WC Asia will be @yvettesonneveld and @Dominyka Miksenaite
WordPress.org The community site where WordPress code is created and shared by the users. This is where you can download the source code for WordPress core, plugins and themes as well as the central location for community conversations and organization. https://wordpress.org/ social media updates
- Discussion re: refining process for contributors to craft content for social media accounts
- No stats were presented this week
Marketing Task Updates
- How to get involved in writing social shares for Twitter or Facebook?
- It is WordPress 6.2 Beta A pre-release of software that is given out to a large group of users to trial under real conditions. Beta versions have gone through alpha testing in-house and are generally fairly close in look, feel and function to the final product; however, design changes often occur as part of the process. 1 day
- How can contributors take meeting notes?
Our next meeting is 14 February, 2023 at 15:00 UTC.