The Marketing team promotes WordPress to current and future users and contributors. We create and amplify campaigns to support the growth of the WordPress project.
As we approach the 20th anniversary of WordPress on May 27, 2023, the Make Marketing team is excited to announce #WP20 From Blogs to Blocks, a campaign to celebrate WordPress and the incredible WordPress community.
From Blogs to Blocks creates intentional moments for the WordPress community to reflect on the journey we’ve gone on so far and to dream of what’s to come.
Each daily action symbolizes the millions of individual actions that have come together to make WordPress what it is today.
Here’s how it works:
In the spirit of recognizing and empowering our diverse community, #WP20 From Blogs to Blocks celebrates a range of different interests and skill sets. Each day, from May 7 to May 27, 2023, the WordPress Make Marketing blog will feature five WordPress-related prompts:
- Blogging: WordPress-related questions or suggestions for a related action that can be expressed through writing, video, audio, or visual/digital art. The key is to post your responses on a WordPress blog or website, showcasing the versatility of WordPress as a platform.
- Developing: These prompts are for those who want to participate on the technical side of the platform, from testing and pull requests to building blocks.
- Designing: With an emphasis on designing and creation, these prompts aim to inspire the creative minds who bring WordPress to life visually.
- Photography: Aimed at anyone who likes to take pictures, prompts for contributions to the WordPress Photo Directory will bring our worlds together while enriching our community’s visual resources.
- Community: Actions to support the WordPress community and the project as a whole. These prompts are meant to foster contribution and connection among community members.
Mix and match your focus for each day, or create your own daily action and let your WordPress memories, skills, and passion shine!
Participants who share at least one action during the campaign as a comment on a #WP20 From Blogs to Blocks post will have the achievement acknowledged by the Marketing team (and possibly on their WordPress.org profile). Participants who share an action on all 20 posts before WCUS in August 2023 will get an additional acknowledgement of their accomplishment. We can’t wait to celebrate your commitment and your contributions to our thriving community!
Let’s celebrate the past, present, and future of WordPress, and continue empowering each other to build a better web for everyone.
#WP20 From Blogs to Blocks starts May 7, 2023.
- Subscribe to the marketing blog to get the daily prompt post sent directly to your inbox (sign up in the sidebarSidebar A sidebar in WordPress is referred to a widget-ready area used by WordPress themes to display information that is not a part of the main content. It is not always a vertical column on the side. It can be a horizontal rectangle below or above the content area, footer, header, or any where in the theme.)
- Want to help draft the prompts? Last day for prompt suggestions is May 2, 2023