The Marketing team promotes WordPress to current and future users and contributors. We create and amplify campaigns to support the growth of the WordPress project.
Summary of discussion on January 24, 2022
This document is to help the Marketing Team meeting to be held on January 26, 2022 and Training Team meeting in WordPress SlackSlack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/.. It largely focuses on FSE. Points 3,4,5 and 6 also apply to other areas contributors from marketing, coreCore Core is the set of software required to run WordPress. The Core Development Team builds WordPress. and training are involved in drafting.
Available to attend in-person: @annezazu, @webcommsat, @marybaum , @eidolonnight, @courane01 , @yvettesonneveld, @megphillips91 . Quick summary shared in slack after the zoom call to check for any additions.
These links are also where marketing and training can get the correct information about the features, information for social post content and Learn WP, and the terminology to use.
Key items from these two links:
– Talk about BlockBlock Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience. themes.
– Say you can adopt when ready.
– Address that it will not take over your site.
– Address the CustomizerCustomizer Tool built into WordPress core that hooks into most modern themes. You can use it to preview and modify many of your site’s appearance settings. will not disappear for non block themes.
- Styles: https://wordpress.org/support/article/styles-overview/
- Navigation Block: https://wordpress.org/support/article/navigation-block/
- create tweets and pull out material from the links @annezazu shared (above) and create a handful of tweets that can link to the support pages for more.
- @eidolonnight updated that he only needs a a few draft posts to use during the next few weeks/ months on FSE from the WordPress.orgWordPress.org The community site where WordPress code is created and shared by the users. This is where you can download the source code for WordPress core, plugins and themes as well as the central location for community conversations and organization. https://wordpress.org/ social accounts. Recap of Wednesday’s collaboration update: only Twitter drafts are needed now, @eidolonnight will adjust for other social channels.
- a similar 3-4 posts maximum would be needed for the social media amplification pack and these can link to Learn WP materials when they are available
- Summary of messaging guidance on FSE from @annezazu:
- focus on trying FSE in a light way, not pushing people to use it
- positive messaging that customizer will not be going away for non-block themes. People do not have to use a FSE theme to use WP. Some misinformation is circulating on loss of customizer so Anne is keen to highlight that it will still be there if you are not using a block theme. Also some misinformation that everyone will have to use a block theme – this is not the case.
- Further images advice
Much of the help information below also applies to images in other social posts:
- if there is a blocker on images relating to FSE, Anne may be able to help
- advice from @eidolonnight – we can use the images galleries he has shared last week in the Notes (tab 1 in the spreadsheet). He is also doing screenshots from the approved videos taken at full screen
- there is help on take screenshots – tab 1 in the spreadsheet has links to notes and a video on this from training
- good quality images, good copy and strong links to support info/ Learn WP is what we are going for. Focus on 8 max strong tweets which can be put out on WordPress.org (Nicholas can adapt for other social channels of WordPress.org) and for social amplification pack.
4. Segmentation and WordPress.org social
– Recap from @eidolonnight – keeping things general at the moment on WordPress.org.
– Only need to draft posts for Twitter now. Nicholas will expand / cut for other channels
5. WordPress voice reminder
Use the WordPress voice in the document (links to information in this are in tab 1 ‘notes’ in the spreadsheet)
6. Future brainstorms/ video presentations
@annezazu is able to help marketing. training, new core contributorsCore Contributors Core contributors are those who have worked on a release of WordPress, by creating the functions or finding and patching bugs. These contributions are done through Trac. https://core.trac.wordpress.org., docs etc possible to understand the new features through video / screen share presentations, and this can be followed by a brainstorm to help with marketing FSE.
Learn WP related resources
Thanks to @courane01 for sharing them during the discussion.