The Marketing team promotes WordPress to current and future users and contributors. We create and amplify campaigns to support the growth of the WordPress project.
The WordPress Marketing Team gathers cases on using WordPress for client solutions. It runs surveys to research WordPress.orgWordPress.org The community site where WordPress code is created and shared by the users. This is where you can download the source code for WordPress core, plugins and themes as well as the central location for community conversations and organization. https://wordpress.org/ usage and to support the community in its marketing.
Meetup organizers marketing support survey (version published 10 July 2020)
This survey is part of a project to support WordPress MeetupMeetup All local/regional gatherings that are officially a part of the WordPress world but are not WordCamps are organized through https://www.meetup.com/. A meetup is typically a chance for local WordPress users to get together and share new ideas and seek help from one another. Searching for ‘WordPress’ on meetup.com will help you find options in your area. organizers with promoting and marketing online events. This project is co-ordinated by the global Make WordPress Marketing Team in collaboration with other teams. Together with you, we can help contributors and community members stay connected at this time and share learning.
This survey will help us get to know more about your local WordPress community, your goals, your current approach and where you need help in terms of marketing and communications. Thanks for completing it as an organizer or for promoting it within your local communities and networks.
This WordPress Usage Survey was launched in 2017 to poll agencies and their clients, along with web hosting companies and enterprises, about their use of WordPress and their perspective on the web platform. The survey was designed to examine reasons and barriers for using WordPress to deliver project solutions for clients and as a web platform for extensions and enterprise use.
We polled longtime professional users of the web software system from around the world in a cross section of company types and staff positions at small and large organizations. The respondents represented a helpful focus group providing insight into why and how professional web companies employ WordPress for client solutions.
- WordPress is highly important to most companies, and users very-to-highly satisfied.
- Familiarity, reputation, and market share of WordPress are positive factors for most.
- Ease of use, open sourceOpen Source Open Source denotes software for which the original source code is made freely available and may be redistributed and modified. Open Source **must be** delivered via a licensing model, see GPL., and extensibility are primary reasons for using WordPress.
- Concern with the WordPress roadmap is a primary barrier, with security, performance, and missing features cited as somewhat of a barrier.
- Most agencies find WordPress allows for fast, efficient client solutions.
- Most clients highly recommend using WordPress.
- Many agencies offer WordPress maintenance plans to clients.
- Many agencies are able to expand their service offerings working with WordPress.
- Enterprises deployDeploy Launching code from a local development environment to the production web server, so that it's available to visitors. many kinds of sites and services using WordPress as a platform.
- Overall, the benefits and advantages of WordPress outweigh any barriers or areas of dissatisfaction with WordPress.
WordPress Usage Survey Report is licensed under:
CC0 1.0 Universal (CC0 1.0) Public Domain Dedication
You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission. Please see Other Information of the terms of this license. When using or citing the work, you should not imply endorsement by WordPress or the author or the affirmer.