The Marketing team promotes WordPress to current and future users and contributors. We create and amplify campaigns to support the growth of the WordPress project.
As a team our goal is to provide content and strategy for other Make WordPress teams. To that end, our tasks vary quite a bit from writing copy for events like #WPTranslationDay, to newsletter copy for the Community Team, to ways to promote local Meetups, and more.
When you join the Marketing Team, you’ll never be bored.
- Meets in the WordPress Slack #marketing channel weekly.
- Contributes copy to any other WordPress team that requests it.
- Provides marketing strategy for specific projects upon request.
- Overall SEO, including metaMeta Meta is a term that refers to the inside workings of a group. For us, this is the team that works on internal WordPress sites like WordCamp Central and Make WordPress. descriptions, for WordPress.orgWordPress.org The community site where WordPress code is created and shared by the users. This is where you can download the source code for WordPress core, plugins and themes as well as the central location for community conversations and organization. https://wordpress.org/ pages.
- Oversees and updates the content of The Showcase.
- Works with the WordPress.org Growth Council on initiatives to better promote the project globally.
- Gives presentations at WordCamps and Meetups.
- And much, much more.