The Marketing team promotes WordPress to current and future users and contributors. We create and amplify campaigns to support the growth of the WordPress project.
Coffee breaks are bi-weekly socials held by the Make Marketing team for all WordPress Marketing contributors, and occasional guests. Stop by and meet some of the friendly faces marketing WordPress.
Follow this Google Calendar with meetings, collaborations, and social activities. We also list important dates in this Forthcoming Diary Dates post.
The current time for the coffee breaks is 18:30 UTC. We use UTC times in SlackSlack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. and GitHubGitHub GitHub is a website that offers online implementation of git repositories that can easily be shared, copied and modified by other developers. Public repositories are free to host, private repositories require a paid subscription. GitHub introduced the concept of the ‘pull request’ where code changes done in branches by contributors can be reviewed and discussed before being merged be the repository owner. https://github.com/ to make it easier for contributors to check their local time.
Every coffee break has a facilitator who opens the Google Meet or Zoom, welcomes newcomers, and reminds attendees of the code of conduct. If you would like to facilitate a coffee break, these are the steps to complete:
- Comment with your interest and availability during the weekly Marketing meeting in Slack or directly in the GitHub card for coffee breaks (#23).
- Once confirmed, add the date and time to your calendar. If you can not make the session, please post on GitHub and on the Marketing Slack and tag the Marketing Team reps to help them find an alternative.
- When the time comes, open a new Google Meet or Zoom room (please disable any recording features). Photographs and recordings should not be taken during the coffee break. This is an informal social opportunity to help keep the community connected.
- Post to #Marketing channel in Slack, letting everyone know the room is available. Here is an example:
👋 Good day, everyone. The time has come, and the coffee break is open: [GOOGLE MEET OR ZOOM LINK]
- Keep the session open for the 40-minute scheduled time, or up to an hour.
- Post to #marketing channel in Slack, closing the room. Below is an example:
This bi-weekly social is held by the Make Marketing team and occasional guests. Stop by and meet some of the friendly faces marketing WordPress. You can volunteer to help facilitate these get-togethers on the GitHub card #23 👋😁☕
Conversation usually unfolds naturally, but if you would like to kickstart things, here are a few conversation starters:
- When did you first discover WordPress?
- What’s your favorite dance move?
- What have you read/watched lately?
- Have you travelled anywhere recently?
- If you could instantly learn any language, which would you choose?
- What is your most-used emoji?
- What is your favorite strange fact?