The Marketing team promotes WordPress to current and future users and contributors. We create and amplify campaigns to support the growth of the WordPress project.
Please add any comments on the related Marketing Tasks GitHub issue or in the #marketing channel on the Make WordPress SlackSlack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/..
- This meeting was organized on GitHubGitHub GitHub is a website that offers online implementation of git repositories that can easily be shared, copied and modified by other developers. Public repositories are free to host, private repositories require a paid subscription. GitHub introduced the concept of the ‘pull request’ where code changes done in branches by contributors can be reviewed and discussed before being merged be the repository owner. https://github.com/ card #215
- Leading the meeting:@sereedmedia
- Taking notes: TBD
- Link to meeting start in Slack
- Link to attendance thread in Slack (11 contribs):
- One of our team reps, @Robin was in the hospital. He is recovering, but remains on leave.
- The Marketing team reps have been asked for input on topics to discuss and contributors to recommend to attend the Community Summit at WCUS. If you have applied or have topics to suggest, please let us know by May 1.
- @n applied
- Tickest #199 or #202 suggested as potential topics for submission
- WCUE Contributor DayContributor Day Contributor Days are standalone days, frequently held before or after WordCamps but they can also happen at any time. They are events where people get together to work on various areas of https://make.wordpress.org/ There are many teams that people can participate in, each with a different focus. https://2017.us.wordcamp.org/contributor-day/ https://make.wordpress.org/support/handbook/getting-started/getting-started-at-a-contributor-day/. is 8 June, 2023. Are you attending? Please let us know here!
- @reyes will be at WCEU
- @jpantani hosted last week’s Coffee Break ad hoc on 20/04/2023. Summary: Primarily discussed dogs.
- WP Briefing: Episode 54: A Bill of Rights for the Open Web
WordPress.orgWordPress.org The community site where WordPress code is created and shared by the users. This is where you can download the source code for WordPress core, plugins and themes as well as the central location for community conversations and organization. https://wordpress.org/ social media updates
- Our WordPress Social Media Amplification GitHub card #7 details how you can help share and amplify WordPress news on social media.
- WordPress had a successful week over the past week. While we ran fewer campaigns, which showed a decrease in Impressions. We expected to see similar decreases in engagements and link clicks, however, that did not happen, and we ended up with a net gain of 17.9% over the previous week to hit a 2% engagement percentage total. The overall number of followers improved by 450 which is lower overall, but the numbers are good across all platforms except Twitter where we saw some losses as more people continue to leave the platform.
- The overall performance came from the WP 6.2 campaign and the WP Learn campaigns. These campaigns ended up with all 3 of the top 3 posts for the week and contributed to the increases in overall engagement levels.
- Here is a look at some of the performance numbers for the last week:
- Impressions: 303,036
- Engagements: 6,333
- Link clicks: 1,364
- Engagement Rate: 2.0%
- Showcase Guidelines and Content Moderation #221
- WPPhotos campaign and the different ways to contribute #178 AND Capturing Marketing Photos for the WordPress Photo Directory #189
- From @jpantani: I’d like to get some additional coverage for the work on /Project about the book. I believe this is an ideal editorial review task for Marketing.
- Can a GH ticket be made for this so it can stay in the meeting but not be in the Open Floor section repeatedly?
- From @sereedmedia: From Blogs to Blocks updates
- Contributors leading the #WP20 FBTB effort are @ngreennc, @ninianepress, @nomadskateboarding, @santanainniss, and @sereedmedia! ALL marketing team members are welcome and encouraged to participate
- Currently developing prompts: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Bzkmx-_hgDGSXaJfJCLkqagWbE3d6OP1Wc1gZ8XGQMA/edit
- Non-blog prompts are geared toward developers, designers, photographers, and community, should be action-oriented and not require much or any writing.
- Prompts will be posted on the Make Marketing blog daily on the 20 days before May 27, WordPress’ 20th Anniversary
- Have notified all/most other Make teams/channels
- There is a tracTrac Trac is the place where contributors create issues for bugs or feature requests much like GitHub.https://core.trac.wordpress.org/. ticket suggesting we create contributor badges to commemorate #WP20. Check it out here: https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6938
Our next meeting is 02 May, 2023 at 15:00 UTC.
- GitHub card for the next meeting: https://github.com/WordPress/Marketing-Team/issues/216