The Marketing team promotes WordPress to current and future users and contributors. We create and amplify campaigns to support the growth of the WordPress project.
Please add any comments on the related Marketing Tasks GitHub issue or in the #marketing channel on the Make WordPress SlackSlack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/..
- This meeting was organized on GitHubGitHub GitHub is a website that offers online implementation of git repositories that can easily be shared, copied and modified by other developers. Public repositories are free to host, private repositories require a paid subscription. GitHub introduced the concept of the ‘pull request’ where code changes done in branches by contributors can be reviewed and discussed before being merged be the repository owner. https://github.com/ card #197
- Leading the meeting: @sereedmedia
- Taking notes: @robinwpdeveloper
- Slack link to meeting start: https://wordpress.slack.com/archives/C0GKJ7TFA/p1679410903889269
- We have a poll up, please respond and comment: Should we include in the Meeting Notes the names of folks who attended the meeting? #206
- We recently did a last call for goals for the 2023 Marketing team on GitHub card #165. Team reps are working to publish a goals post. (If you have any more comments, toss them in!)
- WordPress News: https://wordpress.org/news/2023/03/wordpress-6-2-release-candidate-1/
- Polyglots Monthly Newsletter: March 2023: https://make.wordpress.org/polyglots/2023/03/15/polyglots-monthly-newsletter-march-2023/
WordPress.orgWordPress.org The community site where WordPress code is created and shared by the users. This is where you can download the source code for WordPress core, plugins and themes as well as the central location for community conversations and organization. https://wordpress.org/ social media updates
- WordPress improved slightly this week in net-new followers with a 1,070 jump through the week. This is still over our usual target of 1K, which is good to see. We ran more campaigns throughout the week and did see an increase in impressions. While numbers overall were very similar, we did execute a large number of campaigns through the week towards the #wp20 event, which as you will see below and has really been our best-performed campaign this week. More on that shortly.
- The overall performance came from the WP20 campaign. This campaign ended up with all 3 of the top 3 posts for the week and was really 5 of the top 6, which is exciting for its early promotion of it. This top 3 also included a separate campaign focused on the new WP20 logos, and how to use them in promoting the event, as well as the launch announcement for the Wapuu coloring contest.
- Here is a look at some of the performance numbers for the last week:
- Impressions: 303,149
- Engagements: 4,817
- Link clicks: 1,496
- Engagement Rate: 1.5%
Marketing Project and Task Discussion
Open GH issues that had discussion over the previous week in the Slack meeting threads.
- Moving GitHub issues that are used to explain process or structure of Marketing Team to Handbook #180
- Some marketing team members worked on this ticket during the Marketing team coffee break
- GutenbergGutenberg The Gutenberg project is the new Editor Interface for WordPress. The editor improves the process and experience of creating new content, making writing rich content much simpler. It uses ‘blocks’ to add richness rather than shortcodes, custom HTML etc. https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/ and Blogging Campaign #199
- There is an open call for folks who want to move this concept forward on this Slack thread: https://wordpress.slack.com/archives/C0GKJ7TFA/p1678984917451039
- WordPress Media Outreach #135
- @rmartinezduque clarified that there are updates in the Github card about media releases for 6.2
- 6.2 “Behind the Scenes” Social Content Ideas #184
- Is this campaign moot because of #WP20?
- Create shortform video content from contributors for WordPress’ 20th Birthday! #190
- The campaign has evolved a bit. There will now be a call to share your messages on social media using hashtag WP20.
- Develop a widgetWidget A WordPress Widget is a small block that performs a specific function. You can add these widgets in sidebars also known as widget-ready areas on your web page. WordPress widgets were originally created to provide a simple and easy-to-use way of giving design and structure control of the WordPress theme to the user. for WordPress dashboard to offer Mobile app installation #201
- This is related to Mobile app promotion campaign #204 perhaps we could combine them.
- Five for the Future Email Template for Contributors #18
- This had some parallel discussion happening in another team and should be linked up.
- @oglekler: I want to catch up with the #tide team about the campaign for highlighting Tide and telling people what it is all about, reactivate it and pick up the work it was left off, and then I will create a ticket for this.
Our next meeting is 28 March, 2023 at 15:00 UTC.
You can find the attendance thread here: https://wordpress.slack.com/archives/C0GKJ7TFA/p1679410970144559